Anytime I open up the Tether program, my reception will be ruined. I will go from around 3 bars to 0 bars. ZERO.

ZERO BARS just by launching the tether application!

WHAT'S WITH THAT?!?!?!

Any ideas?

-Stephen
    02-10-11 06:13 PM
    I do not know if this is the cause of your situation or not, but are you using WiFi at the time you launch the application? If so, TetherBerry attempts to shut down WiFi in order to have better reception using your carriers network. You can see this after an initial install/wipe/upgrade, as when you launch the application it asks if it can do so. If you click yes it will always do this prior to connecting without a warning or prompt. I only say this because of your description of how you drop to "zero" signal upon launch.

HTH.
    02-10-11 10:40 PM
    I do not know if this is the cause of your situation or not, but are you using WiFi at the time you launch the application? If so, TetherBerry attempts to shut down WiFi in order to have better reception using your carriers network. You can see this after an initial install/wipe/upgrade, as when you launch the application it asks if it can do so. If you click yes it will always do this prior to connecting without a warning or prompt. I only say this because of your description of how you drop to "zero" signal upon launch.

HTH.
    Nope, that's not it. I'm just on the Sprint network when this happens. And it ALWAYS happens, without exception. Am I really the only person to notice this?

Interesting....
    -Stephen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 05:40 PM
    bump?

-Stephen
    05-29-11 08:34 PM
    bump? I thought it worth a shot.

-Stephen
    05-29-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD