Hey everyone,

Just tried connecting my netbook and laptop to my BB because the internet went out again for a bit. I tried on the netbook first, and haven't done so in like a month, but I got a "could not connect to network adapter" message. I tried everything to get it to run, but I got the same message. I then tried on my laptop,....and same thing! Then I tried updating Tether on my BB to the newest version....and no change. Has someone else gone thorugh the same thing,....what am I doing wrong?

P.S. I just tried posting this exact same thread via Opera Mini, but it didn't post....is there some conflict with Opera and this site or other forums? Thanks again in advance!
    05-29-10 09:34 PM
    I am using a laptop, Verizon Tour running 4.7.1.61, and Tether v 1.1.0.6 to post this response. Tether is working this morning in this configuration.
    05-30-10 08:31 AM
    The girl at Verizon told me I have to pay an extra monthly fee to tether my bb but the Tether program online says its a one time fee with no monthly subscription. Which is true?
    05-30-10 04:20 PM
    The girl at Verizon told me I have to pay an extra monthly fee to tether my bb but the Tether program online says its a one time fee with no monthly subscription. Which is true?
    Both are correct. Verizon sells their tethering service via a monthly subscription. Tether is a 3rd party app that allows you to tether without paying a monthly subscription to a carrier. It sells for a one-time fee.
    05-30-10 04:25 PM
    Using Tether requires NO monthly fee-just a one time purchase cost.
    05-30-10 08:14 PM
    Both are correct. Verizon sells their tethering service via a monthly subscription. Tether is a 3rd party app that allows you to tether without paying a monthly subscription to a carrier. It sells for a one-time fee.
    Awesome thanks!
    05-31-10 03:40 PM
    Ok, had my eye on this thread for a few days now and I just bought the program and am about to install. Reading this, I understand that using tether doesn't result in additional verizon charges. Is this correct? Basically, tether program takes the place of the DM verizon tether connection function?! True or no?

Bear with me, this is a new frontier and any info /clarification would be great.
    06-01-10 02:42 PM
    Ok, had my eye on this thread for a few days now and I just bought the program and am about to install. Reading this, I understand that using tether doesn't result in additional verizon charges. Is this correct? Basically, tether program takes the place of the DM verizon tether connection function?! True or no?

Bear with me, this is a new frontier and any info /clarification would be great.
    True - works great either BT or USB,
    06-01-10 02:47 PM
    True - works great either BT or USB,
    Perfect. Thanks.
    06-01-10 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD