I have a friend who has an 8350i from Boost Mobile and is currently trying the tether software. He said it works great! My 8350i is serviced by SouthernLinc and I was told Tether doesn't work with iDEN phones? What's up with that? I'm going to see if it will work, if not, oh well. Any helpful info would be great!
    Thanks!
    04-15-10 05:23 PM
    I have a friend who has an 8350i from Boost Mobile and is currently trying the tether software. He said it works great! My 8350i is serviced by SouthernLinc and I was told Tether doesn't work with iDEN phones? What's up with that? I'm going to see if it will work, if not, oh well. Any helpful info would be great!
    Thanks!
    It may work but if it does it will be extremely slow. I believe the top speed of iden is equal to an old 28k modem on it's best day.
    04-15-10 08:53 PM
    Google PDAnet. It will let you use your phone as a modem. I have used it and it works albeit very slow.
    04-16-10 06:32 AM
    has anyone tried using the BB desktop manager "IP Modem" option with an 8350i? I never tried it because I have a broadband card but I wondered if it would work in a pinch. My first sprint card died and had to wait on a replacement and almost though about trying it, slow is better than nothing.
    04-16-10 03:27 PM
    Settings are grayed out under "IP Modem" for me. PDANet looks like the way I'll go. Been looking for a free solution in case a hurricane takes out my net but leaves the phone tower up. Of course if webkit would actually deliver...
    04-16-10 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD