By the way, if you go to the VZW Today Mobile Homepage, click Get Apps, Apps for fun & Work, Best Sellers... Tether is listed as an app. It's accessed from the VZW home page, in a VZW branded app store (powered by Pocket Gear now). So, again, looks like VZW approves the Tether app to me.

Here's the link VZW Today
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-06-10 at 03:48 PM.
    11-06-10 03:44 PM
    Got Tether today and it works like a champ! Easy to install and configure, this app will really come in handy.
    11-06-10 04:27 PM
    You have never seen anyone charged for tether, and if you have, I challenge you to show proof being that you seem to be so sure as to what verizon will or will not do to a customer caught. I dont want to flame you, I just dont want personal opinion to mix with fact here. This subject has been exhausted in the Verizon forums and all throughout CB in the past and not one person has stepped up to say they have been charged 100s or 1000s of dollars for using tether! The single only case that was mentioned on crackberry by a kid ended up being a hoax and other than that, no one has ever reported being charged per MB, been disconnected, or has been called about the issue.

And most people already understand the 5gb soft cap and stay under that. The only idea that is "possible" right now but not proven is that verizon may slow down your network speed in lieu of data usage over the 5gb cap. But nothing has been proven however.
    Well stated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 05:08 AM
    I think if you do not go crazy with your internet use, Verizon should be fine. I have not been charged/fined.
    11-09-10 12:49 PM
    For those of you using Tether, how much data are you using a month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 03:53 PM
80 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD