Before I lay out $50 for Tether(berry), I have some questions.

I will be without access to wi-fi or other internet connection for one or two months and I would like to use Tether to connect my laptop PC (Win 7 64 bit) to the internet using my BB 9700. My data usage will be light to moderate - not heavy surfing or gaming, no big downloads. My service provider is AT&T and I have an unlimited data plan.

Will I be able to connect to the internet using Tether?

Will I have to pay AT&T's tethering fees? BTW, I contacted AT&T this evening and the rep I got hadn't a clue about tethering and kept putting me on hold while she read up on the subject. Finally, I gave up on her.

Is there anything I should take into consideration that I might have overlooked?
    04-01-10 11:03 PM
    Nope, I have tether and i use it on a Win 7 64bit laptop. I have Verizon and i also have light moderate use when im out and about. You should be fine connecting. I love it. When i have an avg signal the connection is decently fast to load up a web page.
    04-02-10 12:10 AM
    I don't know about AT&T but while folks use Tether, it may violate Verizon's terms-of-service. In other words, with Verizon you are suppose to actually pay a monthly fee to tether and they consider it separate from your UNlimited BB data plan. Now folks do it anyway but the caution is if caught, verizon users may be back billed for lots of charges and/or their contract might be terminated.

I have a feeling AT&T is similar - if you pay the monthly fee you probably do not need the tether program since AT&T probably has something available for that fee. Or you can take your chances and buy (or try) tether and hope AT&T does not catch on. As you say, if you don't abuse it, they may not noticed
    04-02-10 12:12 AM
    Before I lay out $50 for Tether(berry), I have some questions.
    Just a heads up...Tether is the DoD today in the App Store. 1/2 price.
    04-02-10 06:34 AM
    Just a heads up...Tether is the DoD today in the App Store. 1/2 price.
    Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered Tether. I might have missed the sale. Last night I installed the trial version and tested it out. Works like a charm. Now I'm set for Montana.
    04-02-10 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD