Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I purchased this great app from Crackberry called Tether (I have a Bold 9650 with Verizon). It was listed for $49.99 and the reviews certainly were on target with my initial experience. I had no issues getting set up after downloading the software to my laptop and phone.

Fast forward to today and I try to use the app again, this time though it wasn't so smooth. After opening the app on my phone a box popped up saying "Your copy of Tether has expired. You must buy a copy or enter your registration code."

Then I have two choices, either Register or Quit.

My motivation for buying this app was that I could stop paying Verizon $20/month, and after 2.5 months it would pay for itself. So the question becomes; Does this Tether app have a limited time to use before you have to shell out another $49.99? Or is the registration number so well hidden that I just haven't found it yet?

I carefully scanned the e-mail I originally received after purchasing the app and it's definitely not there. I also downloaded the newer version of it on my phone and still no luck

Thank you for reading, appreciate any responses!

BBHouse.
    02-27-11 11:11 PM
    No once it is purchased you get it for good, or until they release a paid update, that you want to update til.

Had mine over a year with no issues. If you purchased from the crackberry store or mobihand give them an email they should be able to get the code for you
    02-27-11 11:20 PM
    What aznlgcy said just email the place where you got it from.

Sorry to go a little off-topic: When they update, is it free? Or is it always that you have to pay with this app?
    02-27-11 11:29 PM
    What aznlgcy said just email the place where you got it from.

Sorry to go a little off-topic: When they update, is it free? Or is it always that you have to pay with this app?
    It is under the discretion of the developer. Usually if there is major change in the software they charge for it, otherwise its a free upgrade
    02-27-11 11:30 PM
    No once it is purchased you get it for good, or until they release a paid update, that you want to update til.

Had mine over a year with no issues. If you purchased from the crackberry store or mobihand give them an email they should be able to get the code for you
    I sent them an e-mail just before posting so hopefully they get back to me in the next 48 hours. I was hoping somebody has experienced this before and might have a solution, but a search didn't reveal any other posts with my issue.

Thank you for your reply.
    02-28-11 12:05 AM
    They just need to put your PIN in their database. This should have already been done. Their tech support will help you get it corrected. They are a great company.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-11 12:20 AM
    I searched my inbox for any other e-mails related to my purchase and found one with the registration code. Problem solved!
    02-28-11 12:42 AM
    Awesome! And once they add you to the database you are good to go even when you update your OS.
    02-28-11 08:01 AM
    Updates from Tether are always free.
    03-02-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD