Folks,

I just noticed that Tether was on sale!!!! So I want to pass the info along. Usually when they discount it's 50%, BUT this time, it's 52%, making it 23.99. Great time to buy if you don't already own a copy.

Tether for BlackBerry - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    12-21-10 07:44 AM
    Great app! I was just about to post this. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 10:08 AM
    Folks,

I just noticed that Tether was on sale!!!! So I want to pass the info along. Usually when they discount it's 50%, BUT this time, it's 52%, making it 23.99. Great time to buy if you don't already own a copy.

Tether for BlackBerry - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    just because you have the traitor cliff lee as your picture I don't trust you.
    12-21-10 10:12 AM
    Hey, I was thinking about picking this up today, but I had a few question about how this app works.

Do you have to have a usb cable plug in to your pc from your BB for this app to work?

When this app is running on your phone and its being used by your PC are you free to use your BB like normal or is their certain things you cant do while this app is being used?

I hear this app voids my VM phone warranty, but is their a way to remove all traces of it if I decide to trade in my BB before the warranty expires?

12-21-10 12:23 PM
    Never heard of using a tethering app voiding your warranty.
    12-21-10 12:29 PM
    Its been mention in these forums before but it may not haven't been voiding the warranty. I'm not 100 percent certain on that, but its against VM policy or something like that. All I know for sure is they don't want you doing it which I don't understand why not even though I have a unlimited data plan with them.

12-21-10 12:52 PM
    Its been mention in these forums before but it may not haven't been voiding the warranty. I'm not 100 percent certain on that, but its against VM policy or something like that. All I know for sure is they don't want you doing it which I don't understand why not even though I have a unlimited data plan with them.

The reason why service providers frown upon or discourage tethering is when people tether it takes up more bandwidth and with more and more people tethering it ultimately slows down the network for everyone. Ultimately same reason why alot of carriers put into the contract as a clause that you cannot use VOIP over their network data.

Most carrier now have a tethering add-on as well
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 12-21-10 at 12:58 PM.
    12-21-10 12:55 PM
    Thanks for the info
    It's a great app!
    12-21-10 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD