08-26-09 11:54 PM
100 1234
tools
    Quick feedback:

It is great how the when you search a contact and select it, the contact's picture (if present) is displayed.

The ability to SMS, EMAIL, or Call the contact is great too! I wonder what would be more efficient, having to scroll through the list of contact options like you currently have it or perhaps let the person select what contact option they want which then pops up a dialogue box to select Call, Email, or SMS? I guess its a matter scrolling and pushing the scroll ball once is preferred over less scrolling and pushing the scroll ball twice. Any, just a thought.

Its great how the app will launch the media player!

The wait time is not too bad either.

I am still playing with this version but so far its GREAT!!!
    03-16-09 11:31 AM
    I must say that I had been waiting for "RC2" and it certainly does not disappoint!

Unfortunately, the screen refresh issue persists for me (see attachment). 8800, OS4.5.0.124, BB L Dimension Theme.

It seems to occasionally hour-glass/be not so responsive - I assume when contacts/files selected... (I only have approx 480 contacts and an 8GB SD Card).

Will continue to "play" and report back later....

Overall, a great improvement - great job!
    Last edited by PDM; 03-16-09 at 12:01 PM.
    03-16-09 11:58 AM
    Downloaded. Nice app. A bit slow on my 8900 and quite irritating when the search window blinks while searching.

Has a lot of potential! Thanks.
    03-16-09 12:11 PM
    I forgot to mention that if you have a large amount of data on your memory card, you may want to jump into Options and exclude certain folders from being searched. For example, I have excluded the "slacker" folder on mine (which also excludes all subfolders) which contains a lot of folders with cache data and things I would never want to search against. This can help speed up file searching significantly.

The refresh issue is also our primary priority right now. It does seem to be specific to a range of certain OS 4.5 revisions. Also, the screen will blink whenever it needs to be resized. An alternative to this would be to keep the screen a constant size at all times, even if there wasn't any data to display.

IntelliBerry is designed as an instant-search application which does not rely on resource-hogging background threads to perform indexing of your apps, contacts, and files. We like to say IntelliBerry is BlackBerry-friendly; it won't make your device unhealthy and sad for using it. As such, users may want to toggle off features such as File searching for instance, unless they do that all the time, so you don't need to wait for those results to come back when you are just looking to run an app. Anytime you toggle one of the checkboxes at the top, it will automatically research your query and include those results as well.

-Z
    Last edited by zaventh; 03-16-09 at 01:18 PM.
    03-16-09 01:10 PM
    The refresh issue is also our primary priority right now. It does seem to be specific to a range of certain OS 4.5 revisions. Also, the screen will blink whenever it needs to be resized. An alternative to this would be to keep the screen a constant size at all times, even if there wasn't any data to display.
    My vote would be to use the entire screen instead of flashing and resizing. It is just distracting.

Jeffrey
    03-16-09 01:22 PM
    Can you make this for the storm?
    03-16-09 03:03 PM
    am liking this so far. thanks to you and your team for your efforts.
    03-16-09 04:19 PM
    Can you make this for the storm?
    If you go to Options > Advanced > Applications > projectq and press Menu > Disable Compatibility Mode it should work on the Storm. We are also looking at developing an alternative interface to optimize IntelliBerry for the Storm in the near future.

-Z
    03-16-09 08:37 PM
    I managed to sneak a minor update to the beta site. You can download it from the same place as on the blog post. This update does two things. One: fixes *hopefully* the screen refresh bug; and two: keeps the window at a fixed size. It should also make contact searching blazingly faster now that I think about it.

-Z
    Last edited by zaventh; 03-16-09 at 11:06 PM.
    03-16-09 11:04 PM
    I managed to sneak a minor update to the beta site. You can download it from the same place as on the blog post. This update does two things. One: fixes *hopefully* the screen refresh bug; and two: keeps the window at a fixed size. It should also make contact searching blazingly faster now that I think about it.

-Z
    Thanks! Will try it now.. It has the same version number...
    03-16-09 11:12 PM
    Thanks! Will try it now.. It has the same version number...
    You might need to press Menu > Refresh on the download page.
    03-16-09 11:16 PM
    WOW! Significantly faster than the previous version and the screen no longer flickers while searching! Thanks!!!

Might be ready for a release version...
    Last edited by amf14; 03-16-09 at 11:26 PM.
    03-16-09 11:22 PM
    [...]
    This update does two things. One: fixes *hopefully* the screen refresh bug;
    It certainly does appear to have fixed the refresh issue(s); for me at least...

and two: keeps the window at a fixed size. It should also make contact searching blazingly faster now that I think about it.

-Z
    and contact searches do appear to be faster than the previous version.

None of the Docs To Go apps are appearing as per earlier release.
    Was "Messages" (Inbox) supposed to appear in list? As I can not see it - although not really an issue for me.

Update :
    The "Excluded Directory" paths don't seem to be displaying correctly. e.g. :
    /SDCard/BlackBerry/system
    /SDCard/BlackBerry/TrekBuddy

if excluded, appear as :
    /SDCard/system
    /SDCard/TrekBuddy

Is this a cosmetic issue?
    Last edited by PDM; 03-17-09 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Update
    03-17-09 05:33 AM
    I have this installed on a Blackberry Bold, and whenever I use the application I get the following error "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n"
    03-17-09 09:10 AM
    I have this installed on a Blackberry Bold, and whenever I use the application I get the following error "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n"
    It looks like we're forgetting to ask for one permission. Under Options > Advanced Options > Applications highlight "projectq" and press Menu > Edit Permissions. Press Menu > Expand on Interactions and set "Cross Application Communication" to allow. Under User Data it will also need "Organizer Data" and "Files" set to allow as well.

-Z
    03-17-09 09:37 AM
    how do you search emails and SMS?
    03-17-09 10:00 AM
    It looks like we're forgetting to ask for one permission. Under Options > Advanced Options > Applications highlight "projectq" and press Menu > Edit Permissions. Press Menu > Expand on Interactions and set "Cross Application Communication" to allow. Under User Data it will also need "Organizer Data" and "Files" set to allow as well.

-Z
    Still gives me the same error. I even tried granting the application "Trusted" status, in which everything is set to allow.

The error first pops up after it's installed, and from there after whenever you enter anything into the application.

I'm running 4.6.0.247 on my Bold.
    03-17-09 10:01 AM
    Still gives me the same error. I even tried granting the application "Trusted" status, in which everything is set to allow.

The error first pops up after it's installed, and from there after whenever you enter anything into the application.

Strange because I am also running the same OS on my Bold. Have you tried exiting all other running apps? Perhaps there is some sort of conflict?
    03-17-09 10:43 AM

Hmm... When you go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > projectq and edit permissions, expand each section and see if all permissions are set as "Allow" in bold. Sometimes a an IT policy will prevent you from setting one of the permissions in a certain category.
    03-17-09 10:49 AM
    I have exactly the same problem as above. I also have the bold, with 4.6 OS. Installed, altered permissions... and still getting the same error message
    03-17-09 11:35 AM
    I have exactly the same problem as above. I also have the bold, with 4.6 OS. Installed, altered permissions... and still getting the same error message
    Try inducing the error, then going to the Home Screen and holding ALT and type "LGLG". This will bring up the device log. You should see Bold entries which are exceptions. Try copying those by going to Menu > Copy and pasting them here or in an e-mail to beta@steelthorn.com.
    03-17-09 11:58 AM
    zaventh, so is there no functionality to search emails and SMS?
    03-17-09 12:00 PM
    zaventh, so is there no functionality to search emails and SMS?
    Hi there,

The short answer is no. SMS will always be impossible to search natively, as RIM doesn't allow applications to access SMS messages after they arrive. We decided against including E-mail messages for a few reasons, but primarily because we didn't want IntelliBerry to become strictly a "search" tool, but a "find-and-do-stuff" tool. Applications and contacts are fairly stable elements of a device (you don't get 50 new ones of each a day) and you will use them over and over. Messages are more fleeting and while you may have to search for mail occasionally, it would not be common to perform an action on the same e-mail more than 2-3 times at most. This more "philosophical" reasoning plus the complexity involved in searching messages (eg. various fields, BES encryption) and the fact that an adequate but effective search tool already exists for this natively, we decided it would be best to put more time into the core of the application and make it as fast and as effecient as possible.

-Z
    03-17-09 12:23 PM
    Try inducing the error, then going to the Home Screen and holding ALT and type "LGLG". This will bring up the device log. You should see Bold entries which are exceptions. Try copying those by going to Menu > Copy and pasting them here or in an e-mail to beta@steelthorn.com.
    Here u go... Cleared my log... Got the error... Here's all the entries. Hope it helps....

a UI - GS-D 9d538fc - 3/17 16:28:22
    a UI - GS-K 4ecd19fd - 3/17 16:28:20
    a UI - GS+Q2 9d538fcnet.rim.device.internal.ui.component.TraceB ackDialog - 3/17 16:28:20
    S Java Exception - ControlledAccessException - 3/17 16:28:20
    | No detail message
    | net_rim_cldc
    | ControlledAccess
    | assertRRISignature
    | 0x33FF
    | net_rim_cldc-6
    | ApplicationDescriptor
    | getLocalizedName
    | 0x175B
    | projectqlib
    | SearchManager$HomeAppContainer
    | <init>
    | 0x2DAA
    | projectqlib
    | SearchManager
    | AddStaticApps
    | 0x2A21
    | projectqlib
    | SearchManager
    | GetHomeApps
    | 0x29A7
    | projectqlib
    | SearchManager
    | SearchApps
    | 0x2371
    | projectqlib
    | LibraryManager
    | Search
    | 0xDE6
    | projectqlib
    | LibraryManager
    | Search
    | 0xD98
    | projectq
    | MainClass
    | Search
    | 0x500
    | projectq
    | MainClass
    | ProcessInput
    | 0x3EC
    | projectq
    | MainClass$3
    | run
    | 0xD5A
    | net_rim_cldc-6
    | Application
    | dispatchInvokeLater
    | 0x621
    | net_rim_cldc-6
    | Application
    | processNextMessage
    | 0xDC3
    | net_rim_cldc-6
    | Application
    | enterEventDispatcher
    | 0x5C6
    | projectq
    | MainClass
    | main
    | 0x7C5
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: Password Keeper - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: BlackBerry Attachment Service - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: Listing - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: Sides Smally - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: Weather Today - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: Windows Live Messenger - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: Yahoo! Messenger - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_Bouncy_9000 - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_FriendlyTidyTodaySMS - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_Green_meany - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_SmartP - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_The_Bold_Traveller - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_VeryBoldXtremeV3 - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_WIPv14 - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_babybold2_7 - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: com_plazmic_theme_dLK_Theme - 3/17 16:28:20
    a IntelliBerry - Excluding due to 0 descriptors: water-fall - 3/17 16:28:19
    a IntelliBerry - Found groups numbering 122 - 3/17 16:28:19
    a IntelliBerry - Loading modules - 3/17 16:28:18
    a UI - GS+Q2 4ecd19fdcom.steelthorn.projectq.MainClass$QScreen - 3/17 16:28:16

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 12:32 PM
    Yep that looks like a permissions issue... Try making sure each permission under the three categories is set to allow and is bold. You'll want to look at each one by expanding the categories as sometimes IT Policies can prevent users from granting applications certain permissions. If they are, try doing a battery pull (or QuickPull ) as sometimes changing permissions around don't always apply correctly until a reset is performed.
    03-17-09 12:50 PM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD