EDIT: I don't know if it was this thread or not. However, this issue has been resolved. I got an email from Mobihand support, they asked to verify my home address and and was well.

Mobihand is a great store, and I've purchased from them successfully in the past many times, and will again in the future.

I got these Simon Visa Giftcards over Christmas and my Birthday recently. Used up most of the money on things like hosting bills, domain names. Ordered some things...my point is, I use these giftcards all over the internet and have been for a very long time.

I had a small amount of money left on one of them, but enough to buy apps from mobihand. So I place my order...got the following email...

Hello Sajan Parikh,

We apologize for a delay in processing of your order. We regularly check orders to avoid fraudulent transactions, to protect our customers and our suppliers.

We expect this order to be processed within the next 15 minutes. If after that time you have not received the email order confirmation for this purchase, please reply to us with a phone number where we can call you to make sure that the actual account holder has placed this order.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    MobiHand Payments, on behalf of MobiHand
    Which is fine. Understandable, being giftcards. This isn't the first time I've hit a MaxMind or any other fraud detection system on the internet. I run a web design business and know how these things work.

I replied with my phone number.

A day later, I got an email saying the order was canceled.

I placed the order again, hit the fraud detection, again sent in my phone number...order was canceled.

This time, I figured I would take initiative and took high res images of the front and back of the card and sent it to them. No response.

That was the week after Christmas.

I just got a new Simon giftcard, purchased a domain name on it...again went to Mobihand to try and place an order. Same thing. I have sent in my phone number...I highly doubt they will ever call.

I don't have an active CC, and haven't had one for almost a year now (bills are all ETF now). I just get myself a Simon giftcard if I need to make a purchase online, and it works great...except on Mobihand.

Does this mean, because of their lack of effort to even try and verify the card or follow any sort of fraud detection procedure I can't get any apps? Considering most developers release to Mobihand.

I really don't want to deal with App World as I've heard they have update problems, and things would be MUCH easier if I could just use these cards on Mobihand or have them call or accept the photocopy/hi-res image of the card as verification.

Oh yeah, they successfully charge the card each time.

It would just great if they responded in any capacity instead of just canceling the order.

EDIT: I realize that Crackberry's shop is powered by MobiHand and I've had great Mobihand experiences in the past...where customer service was not needed.
    Last edited by iBlizz; 02-05-10 at 04:18 PM.
    02-04-10 02:19 PM
    Oh yeah...they find it perfectly okay to make up a quote from me on one for their blog posts...

A Look at Some “Must Have” BlackBerry Apps | The MobiHand App-tivity Blog

If you look at my blog post that they linked to...I didn't say anything about edocrab. If I was going to say anything about edocrab, it wouldn't be what Steelhorn says about it. Petty, and I could care less...but come on!
    Last edited by iBlizz; 02-04-10 at 02:29 PM.
    02-04-10 02:23 PM
    Maybe they don't want to jump through extra hoops for whatever gift cards you are using?

I have never had a problem purchasing with the visa/mc gift cards, since they are treated the same as credit cards. So I have a feeling whatever method it is that you're using to pay is such an extreme minority that they aren't making an exception.
    02-04-10 02:29 PM
    I've never had a problem either, except with Mobihand. That's my point.

It's a standard Visa giftcard, with Simon Malls branding. I've used them for over a year on Amazon, Thinkgeek, AE, and my domain registrar. I've even swiped them at McDonald's.

There is no way my method is a minority...it's VISA Giftcard like any.

That's not the problem though, you say they don't want to 'jump through hoops?' I'm sorry, but that doesn't make a lick of sense. They could at least respond to me.

I don't know if you were trying to defend Mobihand here in my case...but if you are...I just don't understand.

EDIT: And to clarify, I've never hit fraud detection with a Simon giftcard. The couple of times I hit fraud detection was with my bank card used under a different name. They simply called me, asked to send a photocopy of the card...I did...problem solved.
    Last edited by iBlizz; 02-04-10 at 02:38 PM.
    02-04-10 02:34 PM
    I used a visa giftcard a couple days ago with no issues.

So either there's something up with the giftcard, or some other unknown factor. But I did not even trigger fraud detection when buying with the Visa gift card...
    02-04-10 02:44 PM
    I used a visa giftcard a couple days ago with no issues.

So either there's something up with the giftcard, or some other unknown factor. But I did not even trigger fraud detection when buying with the Visa gift card...
    Wow, you are completely missing the point. If you had a problem with your account...say you couldn't download an app. So you email Mobihand for assistance...wouldn't you want them to acknowledge you? Or would that be a hoop that they shouldn't have to jump through because you are only one customer and have already paid for the app?

Or do you think they should at the very least communicate with you in some way.
    02-04-10 02:46 PM
    Wow, you are completely missing the point. If you had a problem with your account...say you couldn't download an app. So you email Mobihand for assistance...wouldn't you want them to acknowledge you? Or would that be a hoop that they shouldn't have to jump through because you are only one customer and have already paid for the app?

Or do you think they should at the very least communicate with you in some way.
    They did acknowledge me and the issues were resolved.

Same for some others:
    crakberry store checking me for fraud?!?!

Same issue, they had their fraud checks clear. You didn't. Why? Who knows... Nobody on CB, that's for sure.
    02-04-10 02:52 PM
    They did acknowledge me and the issues were resolved.

Same for some others:
    crakberry store checking me for fraud?!?!

Same issue, they had their fraud checks clear. You didn't. Why? Who knows... Nobody on CB, that's for sure.
    Your participation in this thread serves no purpose. If you want to talk about your experience, please don't do it in this thread.

I have not been acknowledged or responded to at all. I replied the fraud email with my phone number coming up on 24 hours ago. Since they won't respond to me, I'm coming to the CB community.
    02-04-10 02:56 PM
    And I posted an article stating that previous mobihand buyers have ran into fraud checks, and they cleared (could take up to a matter of days in some cases).

This serves a purpose to anyone who encounters this issue, except you. Good luck to everyone else out there buying, except you.
    02-04-10 02:57 PM
    And I posted an article stating that previous mobihand buyers have ran into fraud checks, and they cleared (could take up to a matter of days in some cases).

This serves a purpose to anyone who encounters this issue, except you. Good luck to everyone else out there buying, except you.
    So...if it doesn't serve a purpose to me or my experience, or my case...why are you posting it as a reply to me?
    02-04-10 03:01 PM
    It's not for you. It's for everyone else reading this. It's just your thread.
    02-04-10 03:02 PM
    This is a different issue but same topic. I have purchased 14 apps (totaling about $100) from mobihand to date. A couple of months ago, I purchased my first 9700. To make a long story short, the first 2 9700's had a hardware issue. In 3 weeks time, I was (and still am) with my 3rd 9700. Mobihand sent me the following email on Jan 21st:

We are sorry to inform you that we could not update your account with the new Device ID 2195F9BB.

Some of the reasons could be:

- You have submitted a support question through the form and we cannot reply here
    - You have updated the device ID too many times
    - We cannot generate codes for this specific device ID

Please email [email protected] so we can work with you to resolve this issue and get the software updated.

Best Regards,
    App Store Customer Support Team
    a MobiHand Service

Which is understandable. So I respectfully emailed them back, explaining my situation and asking them what I can do to resolve this. It has been one month and they have yet to respond. I have emailed them 2 other times within the month as well. I understand and respect their policies but when I purchase apps from a store, I'm also purchasing customer support. If they choose not to be sympathetic to my situation, that is what they choose, but they can at least give me the decency of a response. Its just very unprofessional that they have chosen to ignore me.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 02-18-10 at 01:22 PM.
    02-18-10 01:18 PM
    Which is understandable. So I respectfully emailed them back, explaining my situation and asking them what I can do to resolve this. It has been one month and they have yet to respond. I have emailed them 2 other times within the month as well. I understand and respect their policies but when I purchase apps from a store, I'm also purchasing customer support. If they choose not to be sympathetic to my situation, that is what they choose, but they can at least give me the decency of a response. Its just very unprofessional that they have chosen to ignore me.
    You could try contacting the developers for those applications. I get lots of requests for new codes after a PIN change and if mobihand doesnt allow the change I will give them a new code.
    02-18-10 01:24 PM
    You could try contacting the developers for those applications. I get lots of requests for new codes after a PIN change and if mobihand doesnt allow the change I will give them a new code.
    I only contacted one so far who said he doesn't do pin/activation code changes and I would have to deal with mobihand lol.
    02-18-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD