I have previously thethered my 7130 and 8830 blackberries on Telus with no issues. I'm on an unlimited data plan so no worries there.

I broke my 8830 usb jack and upgraded to a Tour. Now I can't tether. I get a remote server not found error in windows.

I have tried DM 4.5 4.7 and 5.0 with no success. Has anyone gotten this to work? I am using Windows 7 (8830 was working fine on win 7)

I have been able to get tetherberry to work, but only if i completely uninstall DM and use the driver supplied with tetherberry (4.7, but no device manager or desktop manager). I don't really like tetherberry... it provides a proxy connection (it's basically a VPN) and speed is very variable compared to real tethering and it times out rather quickly.

I am thinking of dumping the Tour and going back to either a Curve or 8830 if I can't get it to work because tethering is very important to me.

Help!

/bbking67
    08-16-09 11:06 AM
    Has anyone solved this.. I had a blackberry curve on Telus and was tethering no problems. I'm using the same dial-up profile as i did with the curve #777 etc. I connect, my tour shows Modem mode enabled.. I get an IP, but not a gateway.. Which means I'm not able to get out to the net.
    Last edited by puppydg68; 08-25-09 at 01:59 PM.
    08-25-09 01:52 PM
    I have previously thethered my 7130 and 8830 blackberries on Telus with no issues. I'm on an unlimited data plan so no worries there.

I broke my 8830 usb jack and upgraded to a Tour. Now I can't tether. I get a remote server not found error in windows.

I have tried DM 4.5 4.7 and 5.0 with no success. Has anyone gotten this to work? I am using Windows 7 (8830 was working fine on win 7)

I have been able to get tetherberry to work, but only if i completely uninstall DM and use the driver supplied with tetherberry (4.7, but no device manager or desktop manager). I don't really like tetherberry... it provides a proxy connection (it's basically a VPN) and speed is very variable compared to real tethering and it times out rather quickly.

I am thinking of dumping the Tour and going back to either a Curve or 8830 if I can't get it to work because tethering is very important to me.

Help!

/bbking67
    try disabling "ip header compression" under the advanced settings of TCP/IP on your dial-up networking settings.
    08-26-09 03:42 PM
    I here tether experts...

Can someone help how I can tether with my berry(step by step plz)?

I'm on telus
    would be appreciated, thanks a lot
    12-20-09 10:03 PM
    # copying an email from a telus engineer who sent it to me
    # may be a little old
    regards

Step Action
    1 Insert the BlackBerry Desktop Software version 4.2.2 or later installation CD into your CD drive.
    2 Complete the onscreen instructions. The BlackBerry Desktop software installation is complete.
    Procedure (Dial-Up Networking Set Up (CDMA))
    Operating System Procedures
    Windows 2000 1. In the Windows Control Panel, double-click Network and Dial-up Connections and double-click Make New Connection.
    2. Click Next.
    3. Select Dial-up to private network and click Next.
    4. Ensure that only Standard Modem is checked. This is the modem that was created during the Desktop Software install.
    5. Type #777 in the Phone number field and click Next.
    6. Select who has access to this connection and click Next.
    7. Name the connection (e.g. BlackBerry 8830) and click Finish.
    8. Open the Properties of the new connection and click the Security tab.
    9. Click Advanced (Custom Settings) and click Settings.
    10. Uncheck everything except CHAP and/or PAP (according to network settings). Dial-Up Networking set up is complete.
    Windows XP 1. On the taskbar, click Start, then Settings, then Network Connections, then New Connection Wizard and click Next.
    2. Select "Connect to the network at my workplace" and click Next.
    3. Select Dial-up Connection and click Next.
    4. Type a name for the connection in the Company Name field and click Next.
    5. Type #777 in the Phone Number field and click Next.
    6. Select who has access to the connection, click Next and then Finish.
    7. Open the Properties of the new connection.
    8. Verify that the Standard Modem that was installed with the BlackBerry Desktop Software is selected in the 'Connect using' section.
    9. Click the Security tab and select Advanced (Custom Settings).
    10. Click Settings, select only the CHAP checkbox and click OK. Dial-Up Networking set up is complete.
    Procedures (Dial-Up Networking Set Up (GPRS))
    Operating System Procedures
    Windows 2000 1. In the Windows Control Panel, double-click Network and Dial-up Connections and double-click Make New Connection.
    2. Click Next.
    3. Select Dial-up to private network and click Next.
    4. Ensure that only Standard Modem is checked. This is the modem that was created during the Desktop Software install.
    5. Type *99# in the Phone number field and click Next.
    6. Select who has access to this connection and click Next.
    7. Name the connection (e.g. BlackBerry 8830) and click Finish.
    8. Open the Properties of the new connection and click the Security tab.
    9. Click Advanced (Custom Settings) and click Settings.
    10. Uncheck everything except CHAP and/or PAP (according to network settings). Dial-Up Networking set up is complete.
    Windows XP 1. On the taskbar, click Start, then Settings, then Network Connections, then New Connection Wizard and click Next.
    2. Select "Connect to the network at my workplace" and click Next.
    3. Select Dial-up Connection and click Next.
    4. Type a name for the connection in the Company Name field and click Next.
    5. Type *99# in the Phone Number field and click Next.
    6. Select who has access to the connection, click Next and then Finish.
    7. Open the Properties of the new connection.
    8. Verify that the Standard Modem that was installed with the BlackBerry Desktop Software is selected in the 'Connect using' section.
    9. Click the Security tab and select Advanced (Custom Settings).
    10. Click Settings, select only the CHAP checkbox and click OK. Dial-Up Networking set up is complete.
    Procedure (Internet APN Settings for GPRS) Note: Internet Access Point Name (APN) is a gateway between the mobile network and the Internet.
    Step Action
    1 Go to Start, Select Settings then Control Panel.
    2 Double-click Phone and Modem Options.
    3 In the Phone and Modem Options window, click the Modems tab. Select Standard Modem and click Properties.
    4 In the Standard Modem Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
    5 In the Extra initialization commands field, type the following: +cgdcont=1,"IP","tm1x.imc.is"
    6 Click OK.
    7 In the Phone and Modem Options window, click OK.
    Procedure (Connecting)
    Step Action
    1 Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
    2 Click Start, then Programs, then BlackBerry and Desktop Manager to start the Desktop Software.
    3 Type a password, if required.
    4 Click Start, then Settings, then Network Connections and type the name of the new connection.
    5 Click Dial. Connection is complete.
    Procedure (Dial-Up Networking via USB)
    Using the connection above (Procedures: Connecting), follow the procedure below to use Dial-Up Networking via USB:
    Step Action
    1 Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2 Select Options, then Connection Settings.
    3 Select USB-PIN in the Connection drop-down menu.
    4 Connect the device to your computer using the appropriate USB cable.
    02-15-10 08:51 PM
    also with current Desktop manager go to ip moden and choose the profile fire telus then hit connect DM will take care of all the settings. (telus has two profiles one for CDMA like your tour other to HSPA like bold 9700)
    02-15-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD