Hi.. i just used the trial version of telnav on my bold 9700 and i appreciate it's efficiancy. But then since i'm not that frequent traveller but still one who needs directions as i'm new to the place, i was wondering wether i should subscribe it at 10$ a month or should i go for the garmin blackberry download which will cost me only 80$ for lifetime. i havent used the garmin mobile application and i was wondering if someone who have used them or knw about them could help me with suggestions.
    I have read in a forum that the garmin is not that quick to telnav, but i wonder wether that comparison was of the preloaded garmin versions or is it is about the garmin mobile application. Hopin to hear u'r experiences and suggestions. bytheway I'm robin, from oklahoma. Thank U.
    03-02-10 11:50 AM
    and does both the telnav and garmin mobile application works using the same GPS mode?
    03-02-10 11:52 AM
    I prefer to use TeleNav over Garmin... The reason being is that TeleNav is much faster and Garmin looks to be generic!!! I used Garmin for a week and removed the Trial app and went back to TeleNav.... Sometimes you have to pay for something that is much more stable and reliable!!! Just my thoughts...
    03-02-10 01:49 PM
    i have not tried Telenav yet. i will soon for comparsion. i have Garmin Mobile and VZ Navigator. i can offer a list of cons for GM but not compared to Telenav. Maybe these will help.

However, i found Garmin to be quick when finding routes and re-routing. i also liked Garmin's bright and large icons and found that made the app easy to maneuver.

Garmin Mobile Cons

Cons:
    *Does not display miles to destination
    *Does not display time to destination
    *Does not display current road
    *Doesn not display next step
    *Does not integrate with BlackBerry Calender
    *No way to repeat audible direction
    *Cannot share locations, addresses, directions
    *Does not offer detours around traffic
    *Cannot transfer to new device
    *No Jump To in Favorites
    *No Trip Summery Option
    *No Trip Preview (Plan Trip) option
    * Does not display GPS Coordinates
    *Must exit app to view Trip List

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 01:54 PM
    i have not tried Telenav yet. i will soon for comparsion. i have Garmin Mobile and VZ Navigator. i can offer a list of cons for GM but not compared to Telenav. Maybe these will help.

However, i found Garmin to be quick when finding routes and re-routing. i also liked Garmin's bright and large icons and found that made the app easy to maneuver.

Garmin Mobile Cons

Cons:
    *Does not display miles to destination
    *Does not display time to destination
    *Does not display current road
    *Doesn not display next step
    *Does not integrate with BlackBerry Calender
    *No way to repeat audible direction
    *Cannot share locations, addresses, directions
    *Does not offer detours around traffic
    *Cannot transfer to new device
    *No Jump To in Favorites
    *No Trip Summery Option
    *No Trip Preview (Plan Trip) option
    * Does not display GPS Coordinates
    *Must exit app to view Trip List

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exactly my point!!! Waste of money and time..... Thank you!
    03-02-10 02:31 PM
    Thanks IMTHTG and chrisy520... it certainly helps to know these things .
    03-02-10 09:08 PM
    Telenav all the way! I tried Garmin once as well and I deleted it after a few days. I WISH you could just buy Telenav for a one time fee but no such luck. It is definitely the best navigation app ive used. Im thinking about buying a stand alone nav unit for my car though, itll save money in the longrun
    03-03-10 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD