Hey guys,

There is just a hot mess of free GPS navigation information here... And a seemingly endless list of available free applications! I tried to sift through the threads and pick my favorite, but quickly got lost and wasnt' sure which ones would work best with my Boost 8330.

So I think I've narrowed it down to 3, but I am very welcome to any other suggestions. I just wanted to see if there was a general concensus whether or not one is better than the others:

Google Maps 4.0.1 - I am currently using this. But it's dog slow and it's results are sometimes questionable... Overall I'm not too happy with Google Maps and I'm hoping that one of these other apps is better.

TelMap - ??

LifeInPocket - ??

Any Other Suggestions - ??

Thanks in advance!!
    04-28-10 02:19 PM
    Telmap isn't available for the 8330.
    04-28-10 10:38 PM
    LIP is a good and dependable app for GPS. It's a bit of a memory hog though.
    04-28-10 10:46 PM
    Hmmm. and if there's something my phone lacks it's memory...

So I guess we're down to whether or not LifeInPocket is better than Google Maps? Or any other suggestions for the 8330?

Thanks!
    04-30-10 03:32 PM
    I'm an *****, I just read your TLA (Three Letter Acronym)... LIP = LifeInPocket... My bad.

Any other comments or suggestions?
    04-30-10 03:33 PM
    I'd suggest you bite the bullet and get Garmin or Telenav. They cost money but are worth it if you use gps often. BB maps is so unreliable it's worthless. Look at all the complaints people made about it being unable to get satellites.
    04-30-10 03:39 PM
    Telmap 4.5 worked very well for me, I've used on both 8310 and a 9000- very happy with it. New Telmap 5 good also, takes a little bit to get used to tho if you used the 4.5 first. Both very reliable tho! I deliver furniture in major city for a living-used it works good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 02:26 AM
    The 8310 is a GSM phone, while the 8330 is CDMA. Telmap doesn't work with CDMA phones. Not yet, anyway.
    05-02-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD