have had numerous people email me asking me to build it in to the TellMeTheTime! application. I will in 2.0, but for now this is perfect.

It does as it is said to do, it adds the current date right below your time. If you don't have the TellMeTheTime! application installed, then it becomes the first thing listed in your menu.

Here are the download links:

OTA: http://www.dinemein.com/TellMeTheDate/
    DM: TellMeTheDate! 1.1 - Mediafire

Enjoy - Donations are always appreciated!

Note: Those who donate will be recognized in 2.0 and will also receive 2.0 for free.

03-07-10 02:14 AM
    have had numerous people email me asking me to build it in to the TellMeTheTime! application. I will in 2.0, but for now this is perfect.

It does as it is said to do, it adds the current date right below your time. If you don't have the TellMeTheTime! application installed, then it becomes the first thing listed in your menu.

Here are the download links:

OTA: http://www.dinemein.com/TellMeTheDate/
    DM: TellMeTheDate! 1.1 - Mediafire

Enjoy - Donations are always appreciated!

Note: Those who donate will be recognized in 2.0 and will also receive 2.0 for free.

Fired off a donation. Why you say? Well heck...just seemed like a good thing to do. Amazing how such a simple app can prove to be so useful!
    03-07-10 10:17 AM
    Any way you can add the day in there? Example: mon, tues

Figure that's probably more important than knowing the yr

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chinh8310; 03-08-10 at 04:14 AM.
    03-08-10 04:04 AM
    just made a donation will be looking forward to the update.thanks.
    03-08-10 10:57 AM
    just made a donation will be looking forward to the update.thanks.
    I got it! Thank you!

Any way you can add the day in there? Example: mon, tues

Figure that's probably more important than knowing the yr

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is most certainly possible and will be a feature in the TellMe! application.
    03-08-10 11:02 AM
    when will the update be released?
    03-08-10 11:04 AM
    when will the update be released?
    I'm not 100% sure. I've been working on it so I'm hoping no longer than 2-3 weeks. But I have no clue to be honest.
    03-08-10 11:06 AM
    I think this is a great, free alternative for those who simply want to see the time/date/weather at the top of a menu, instead of all the customization and bells & whistles of Quicklaunch. Since I own QL, I don't really need this, but I still think it's a great app - thanks Jeff!
    03-08-10 11:24 AM
    I'm not 100% sure. I've been working on it so I'm hoping no longer than 2-3 weeks. But I have no clue to be honest.
    ok thanks.
    03-08-10 11:24 AM
    I was going to ask about Tell-me-weather and getting all ????'s but then remembered I did not upgrade to the newest BW since if it is not MORE broken, why fix it.

So now to backup all apps one more time before relying on BW's buggy fixes to bugged software!
    03-08-10 08:29 PM
    Yeah, TellMeTheWeather! requires BerryWeather 2.2 since that is the update that includes the 3rd party support..

If you continue to see "?? (??-??)" then that means something is wrong with BerryWeather..
    03-08-10 08:35 PM
    The ???'s are gone after I updated to the newest BW version. Kind of slick.
    03-08-10 08:55 PM
    Well thanks You can bet in TellMe! Pro there will be many many options to configure it to your liking..
    03-08-10 08:58 PM
    Have a lil question , i downloaded tellmethedate and im not sure its working right atleast i dont think it is . When i click on the app i see 3 website link one for developer , one for graphics and one for bbos... I only see the date when i hit the menu buttom other than that i dont see it , am i doing sumting wrong ????? Im using 5.0 hybrid
    03-10-10 01:37 PM
    It's running functionally for you. It is a very simple application, the physical application only shows the "credits" such as Developer, Graphics Developer, and BBOS. TellMeTheDate!'s main purpose is to add the date to your System Menu. That way just clicking the system menu button will add the date and be visible doing whatever you may be doing.

If I might ask, what did you think it was?

UPDATE!: TellMe! 2.0 Beta 1 is about to be released to all beta testers.
    03-10-10 02:08 PM
    Shimmy i just have to say that i am diggin all of your apps. they have really come in handy. really likin the weather one to, cant wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the paid version and i cant wait to buy it
    03-10-10 02:15 PM
    While I'm not interested in immediately removing any of your TELL-ME apps - is the only way to remove them from the Menus, to UNinstall them from the BB?
    03-10-10 02:39 PM
    F2, yes. In the Professional version - there will be options and one of them is to choose to display it or not.
    03-10-10 02:46 PM
    Any update on the new release?
    03-16-10 01:13 AM
    I'm still working on TellMe! Pro, beta testing is also still going on. I initially wanted to release it sunday, but on second thought I have a new app I want to release the free version before I release TellMe! Pro.

So TellMe! Is about done and hanging up to dry out while I get on this second one.
    03-16-10 05:39 AM
    No news on release?
    04-12-10 10:01 PM
    Shimmy is in the process of touching up some visuals for the final release right now and adding a couple more features. I don't want to say a particular date because I'm not that far in the know, but from what I've seen I don't think it will be too far off. As long as he has the time to work on it anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong here Shimmy
    04-12-10 10:51 PM
    Macaroni is pretty right.. I've been consumed with school lately (Graduating Senior!) but.. When I started coding TellMe! I was still pretty new to the game and not exactly the cleanest or most efficient coder.. I've since scrapped TellMe! and started from scratch, and to be honest it is looking VERY good with some great new features which I needed to add considering QuickLaunch just had to add time/weather to their app and BerryWeather or whoever it was just came up with the weather in a click thing.

It's coming along though.. Very smooth and about 2x more efficient than the previous one..

I'll keep you guy's posted!

EDIT: Depending on how far I get tonight, I'll upload some screenshots..
    04-13-10 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD