Since I released the free applications (TellMeTheTime, TellMeTheDate, and TellMeTheWeather) combined they have had approximately 80,885 downloads. (You can see how many downloads each as had here: http://www.jefflhunt.com/ota/tellmemaster.php) Anyhow, since I've released those, I've collected a team of beta testers and went to developing a more advanced version that combines those 3 free applications and adds a bit more for the users. Now, users can (very simply) add Time, Date, Weather, Memory, Battery, Email, and Phone information to their menu. Each menu has the option of whether to display it or not, a template (How it will look in the menu), an option of which order to display it in, the location in which to display that item in (Top or bottom), and lastly any special options that feature has.

Time
    - The time menu has 3 separate templates to choose from for user preference. When the time menu item is clicked, it will take you to the clock/alarm.

Time Templates
    • H:MM:am/pm
    • H:MM: AM/PM
    • H:MM:SS AM/PM

Date
    - The date menu has 3 separate templates to choose from for user preference. When the date menu item is clicked, it will take you to that date in the calendar.

Date Templates
    • M/D/Y
    • Mon D, YYYY
    • Day, Mon D, YYYY

Weather
    - The weather menu has 4 seperate templates to choose from for user preference. When the weather menu item is clicked, it will take you to the BeWeather application. *Please note that in order to use the weather application you must have BeWeather installed!

Weather Templates
    • City Name (Temperature *Degrees*)
    • City Name (Conditions)
    • City Name (Temperature *Degrees* - Conditions)
    • Temperature *Degrees* (Low *Degrees* - High *Degrees*)

Memory
    - The memory menu has 3 seperate templates to choose from for user preference. When the memory menu item is clicked, it will either put the phone in sleep mode or perform a softreset (You can select which of these for it to perform in the application itself).

Memory Templates
    • Total / Free
    • Total
    • Free

Battery
    - The battery menu has 4 seperate templates to choose from for user preference. When the battery menu item is clicked, it will prompt you to either activate or deactivate your radio (This is very useful if your battery is too low for radio use).

Battery Templates
    • Percent
    • Percent (Voltage)
    • Percent (dph)
    • Percent (Voltage - dph)

Email
    - The email menu does not have templates, it simply shows the latest email that was received. When the email menu item is clicked, it will take you to the "Messages" folder specifically.

Phone
    - The phone menu has 3 templates to choose from for user preference. When the phone menu item is clicked, it takes you to the phone application.

Phone Templates
    • Missed: *Person* (Signal Level)
    • Normal: *Person* (Signal Level)
    • Signal Level

The application is currently for sale on MobiHand (here: TellMe! - Utilities BlackBerry Apps!) for $1.99, however I'm always putting it on sale for $0.99! As always, updates are 100% free! Any use input or suggestions are 100% appreciated and taken into thought.
    08-26-10 11:59 AM
    Nice. Great work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 01:02 PM
    For those of you who are on top of new posts and want to try something exciting such as TellMe! Then here is a coupon code: EBGTW. This code is good for 7 people, each a separate purchase. It expires ON THE DAY OF August 31.

It's called EBGTW for EarlyBirdGetsTheWorm, as in, first come first serve! Good luck I'd love feedback from those of you who get the application for free also :P
    08-27-10 06:54 AM
    For those of you who are on top of new posts and want to try something exciting such as TellMe! Then here is a coupon code: EBGTW. This code is good for 7 people, each a separate purchase. It expires ON THE DAY OF August 31.

It's called EBGTW for EarlyBirdGetsTheWorm, as in, first come first serve! Good luck I'd love feedback from those of you who get the application for free also :P
    I don't think I have ever been called an Early Bird, but this must be an exception! Thanks for the code! I will give feedback once I have a chance to play with it...
    08-27-10 09:15 AM
    The worm is a bit chewy but THANKS. The download email should be on my device in a few minutes.
    08-27-10 09:45 AM
    Great little program this. I managed to grab it for free, and I do actually find it pretty useful. One suggestion I could put forward though is integration with the 'Options' screen, similar to the style of BeBuzz or BePopup, so that when a user visits Menu -> Setup -> Options, you could see TellMe! in the list.

I would love that, then I could do what I've done with BeBuzz and hide the icon in my Downloads folder, so that it's not taking up space.

I'll play with the app a little more, and post back my findings. Great worth though!
    08-27-10 09:46 AM
    I certainly will look into that Andiio!

There is still 1 copy left! -- Scratch that, just got taken. I bumped it up to 10, so there are 3 left now!
    08-27-10 09:54 AM
    Just snagged a copy. Will give feedback
    08-27-10 10:14 AM
    Awesome, look forward to it marckatz! Any of you who get the app for free, once you've played with it and have a grasp of whether you like it or not, please review/rate it! Only takes a few minutes and it helps my application a ton!

There are still 2 more left for those of you who want one!
    08-27-10 11:19 AM
    Hook me up

08-27-10 11:27 AM
    Hook me up

Ya gotta buy it on mobihand (see link in OP) and use coupon code EBGTW.

08-27-10 11:30 AM
    Lol, I noticed that hope my prof didn't see me on my phone
    Thanls bro.

08-27-10 11:32 AM
    Shimmy - I think this little gem may come in handy! I like that it gets the weather from berryweather. Nice touch that should reduce memory and battery drain. It might be nice to have another option in the weather section to have a template like the last one that also includes condition. for example:

66 (47 - 76) - Clear
    ( I just realized I don't know how to type the "degree symbol"! lol)

Assuming there's no battery drain or memory leaks, this looks like a nice utility!
    08-27-10 11:41 AM
    It is an interesting app. Nice to be able to view info from the menu, would be even better if you can have menus inside of menus because some menu items are already large. A couple of things I've noticed. On my weather, despite any template I use, I just get the city and the words partly cloudy. I use berry weather which if I click the menu item it opens (I know the instructions talked about using BeWeather which is a similar product. That could be the problem). The memory is not updating automatically (free memory). Also when I update it manually, the amount of free memory does not equal the free memory shown in Meterberry.
    I'll be watching for any memory or battery drain
    Last edited by marckatz; 08-27-10 at 12:59 PM.
    08-27-10 12:57 PM
    Wow, Marckatz, thanks for the feedback man! Positive or negative is always welcome!

About it being BerryWeather and not BeWeather, that takes a few minutes to update after the application itself does, initially. Once they've got in sync, then it should be simultaneous.

The memory updates every 30 minutes, making it real time would produce a battery drain & memory leak due to the fact that the memory is constantly changing.

I do appreciate you keeping an eye out for those, if you get one let me know! I noticed a few, but fixed 'em in the updates pushed out.
    08-27-10 02:20 PM
    This is pretty slick, liking it so far.
    Too early to tell if there's any battery or memory leakage, but from previous posts it sounds like there's not.
    One small suggestion for any future releases: A way to set the menu to show current condition and temp in the menu without having the city name show.
    Also, not sure if this was intentional, but the title for each icon moving from below it to on it when you highlight it is a little visually annoying.
    Great app! It'll save me going to the homescreen all the time.
    08-27-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD