I successfully downloaded it last night. Been playing with it locally and in center city with no problems. updates GPS to present location with ease. Local searches are quick and plenty.
    Five stars! *****
    I'm at 20th & Market. I ask for "Pizza" and it sends me to several places in North Philly, all 2 miles away. There is a place across the street, and maybe 20 in a four block radius. I even tried typing in the zip (19103), No difference. Yesterday, I am standing in the parking lot of a lawn mower store in langhorne. I say "Lawn Mower Store", and the first one on the list is 2.5 miles away. The 2nd one was the one I was standing in front of.

Also, it takes over a minute to get the GPS location. Google maps gets it in a couple of seconds.

0 stars.
    04-25-08 03:29 PM
    the GPS function is not integrated too well,

when I search for direction, it keep trying to"Getting GPS", even though it has GOT the GPS when the program was opened the first time.

other than that, most of the function seems to work fine
    04-25-08 04:25 PM
    regarding TellMe, does anyone know if this uses voice or data? I was just curious because their internet example doesn't seem to provide me with any answers...

Thanks
    04-25-08 09:50 PM
    mine wont work...wont get gps signal...
    04-25-08 10:10 PM
    I can't get my to locate me with GPS. All permissions are set to allow. I did a battery pull. I have tried it several times over the last few days. I have been inside and outside trying it. I have even been in several different cities trying it. Still no luck! I know my GPS is working with Google Maps and TeleNav. But TellMe can't find me. Anyone have any other ideas!? I like TellMe other than it can't find me and I have done a lot of traveling and don't always know my exact location at the time.
    04-26-08 01:26 PM
    Hi, Sarah from Tellme here. Just wanted to chime in and let folks know we're working to add support for OS v4.5. If you'd like to be notified when this is available, just send us an email via the "Contact Us" area of our website.

If you're running 4.2 on one of the phones we support but still having GPS issues, you can send us an email and we'll work with you to fix it.

For folks asking about the 8300 - we're working to add support for more phones and carriers and hope to be available on the 8300 soon. If you sign up for notification on our website we'll contact you when Tellme becomes available for your phone.
    04-26-08 07:35 PM
    It does not seem to work "fully" on my puck equipped Verizon 8830. It appears to be skewed to somewhere south of my location like it is using cell tower locations or maybe a generic knowledge of where my phone is rather than MY GPS POSITION.
    Hi, Sarah from Tellme here. I wanted to let you know that we don't currently support the Verizon 8830, but will have a release for this phone on May 7th. Hope you'll download again on May 7th once we officially support your phone. Thanks!
    04-26-08 07:42 PM
    Hi, Sarah from Tellme here. I wanted to let you know that we don't currently support the Verizon 8830, but will have a release for this phone on May 7th. Hope you'll download again on May 7th once we officially support your phone. Thanks!
    Thanks for the speedy reply. I will give it another try in about a week.
    04-26-08 11:31 PM
    regarding TellMe, does anyone know if this uses voice or data? I was just curious because their internet example doesn't seem to provide me with any answers...

Thanks
    Tellme uses a data connection, so won't eat up your voice minutes
    04-27-08 02:04 AM
    Anyone know if this works for Canadian users?
    I know Telus ain't listed yet, so I guess we'll have to wait like Rogers.
    04-27-08 08:53 AM
    So, originally I posted that I downloaded tell me and thought it was great; and it is, when it works. I'm also having the consistent problem of "getting gps" for about 5 mins and then most of the time it cannot find gps. Or the network is busy and it says try again later. I deleted the program and installed it again, and it didn't work. Then later it did. Then again no. Anyone else having similar problems? It's a shame b/c it seems like a really nice program if only it would work consistently.
    04-27-08 01:33 PM
    Guys, I havent yet seen anything to the effect of this issue, but..
    I'm using a pearl 8100 on at&t (cingular) and cannot access the m.tellme.com website at all for some reason (as if it were blocked by my carrier).

The site loads and redirects to the html site when opening in Opera (probably due to their use of a proxy for internet connections), but when opening in the blackberry browser/media net, I get nothing except for a timed-out response.

Anyone else have this sort of problem?
    04-28-08 01:04 PM
    I'm using a pearl 8100 on at&t (cingular) and cannot access the m.tellme.com website at all for some reason (as if it were blocked by my carrier).

The site loads and redirects to the html site when opening in Opera (probably due to their use of a proxy for internet connections), but when opening in the blackberry browser/media net, I get nothing except for a timed-out response.

The issues you are experiencing when opening in Opera is due to the fact that Opera does not pass device information (which the Tellme WAP site uses to determine whether you are connecting from a Tellme supported phone).

This should work when you are connecting from your phone's default browser - the error you are seeing with that is likely due to network congestion, so if you wouldn't mind, please try again from your phone's default browser.

Please let us know if you continue to have trouble - either by reposting here or contacting us directly (I can't post the link but you can do this by going to our website and choosing "contact us"). If you send email to us we can work 1:1 with you to resolve.

Thanks!
    04-28-08 02:04 PM

I am having the exact same proplem, with opera and with the default browser.
    I dont get text msgs so i cant get the link from the website from my computer.
    Oh, I am using a 8310 with AT&T.
    04-28-08 03:23 PM
    if you open your browser and type m.tellme.com it doesnt load?

you are removing the www correct? It's not http://www.m.tellme.com
    04-28-08 03:28 PM
    if you open your browser and type Tellme it doesnt load?

you are removing the www correct? It's not http://www.m.tellme.com
    no it doesn't open, and i am not putting the www. in

The error I get after around a minute says:

A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider.

EDIT: i did go to the tellme site and emailed them about the problem, they wrote me back asking for more information, i just replied to their email. if anyone else is interested i will update when there is more to update.
    Last edited by b1gg134; 04-28-08 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Update and speeling errors.
    04-28-08 03:32 PM
    I am not putting a www. in there. I had my friend try it on her 8100 with at&t (however hers has a slightly older software version on it) and it works fine. I'm not sure what is configured differently about my 8100. Neither www dot tellme dot com nor m dot tellme dot com work in the blackberry's mobile browser on my phone for some reason.

Here are some details about my phone:
    Vendor ID: 102
    Platform: 2.3.0.78
    App Version: 4.2.1.96 (154)

@ b1gg34: Please keep me posted on what you find.
    Last edited by akcpe; 04-28-08 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Update
    04-28-08 05:37 PM
    So, originally I posted that I downloaded tell me and thought it was great; and it is, when it works. I'm also having the consistent problem of "getting gps" for about 5 mins and then most of the time it cannot find gps. Or the network is busy and it says try again later. I deleted the program and installed it again, and it didn't work. Then later it did. Then again no. Anyone else having similar problems? It's a shame b/c it seems like a really nice program if only it would work consistently.
    Hi, would you mind sending email and letting us know what phone type and carrier you're using? Just go to our website and click "contact us", and we'll help troubleshoot to get you up and running.

A couple things to note: Tellme currently doesn't work on OS 4.5 Beta (working on it), and currently requires direct connection so if you're connecting through BES/BIS that would also explain issues (working on that too).
    04-28-08 06:31 PM
    I just downloaded TellMe to my Blackberry Pearl 8100. It downloaded just fine, but it wont work for me. When I press and hold the talk button to make a request, it tells me that I dont have a connection or it tells me to try again. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks
    04-28-08 11:27 PM
    I just downloaded TellMe to my Blackberry Pearl 8100. It downloaded just fine, but it wont work for me. When I press and hold the talk button to make a request, it tells me that I dont have a connection or it tells me to try again. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks
    Looks like you're using T-Mobile, which we're not officially supporting (yet)...so that's likely why you're having connection problems.

Some folks on this thread may have found a workaround to get Tellme working, but if you'd like to be signed up for notification when we are able to fully support T-Mobile, just let us know! (Go to the Tellme website and select "contact us")
    04-28-08 11:32 PM
    Does this work on the 8130?
    04-29-08 05:16 PM
    With Infospace Findit! going away, Tellme has an opportunity to be the perfect replacement if they will just make a couple of changes. For me, I'd like to be able to add an address that I find to my address book like I can with the infospace application. It kind of sucks to find a new restaurant with Tellme and not be able to just add it to my address book right then. Now I have to write it down and then add it manually later. A small issue I admit but I don't always have pen and paper with me.
    05-01-08 09:14 AM
    I just downloaded this on my red 8100 on AT&T with OS 4.2, and when I say 'weather,' it does not tell me my local weather, but rather a list of businesses with the word 'weather' in them.. am I doing something wrong?
    05-02-08 01:51 PM
    When I downloaded Tellme it prevented me from making or receiving any phone calls. When I tried to make any calls, it immediately gave me the busy signal & then said called failed; when people called me, it went right to voicemail. It took me about 5 hours to realize it was probably Tellme, so I had to uninstall it.
    05-05-08 12:21 AM
    So, Sarah from Tellme, did that release for the Verizon 8830 ever come out? I don't see anything on the website about it.

BTW, I did download a version a few weeks ago and it seems to work on the 8830, just not with GPS. Not sure what this newer version will have.
    05-18-08 07:40 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD