Hi All,

Can anybody guide me how to install tellme in blackberry 8110. When I try to type m.tellme.com in browser, it says currently your model doesn't support.
    Does tell me work on new blackberry 8110 ??
    Regards
    06-24-08 02:21 PM
    i was just wondering if any 8330 users gps is still working on this app? i can never get gps to work anymore...the app does still work however
    06-30-08 03:44 PM
    i was just wondering if any 8330 users gps is still working on this app? i can never get gps to work anymore...the app does still work however
    It worked once for me and never again was able to do a GPS update. The app has potential, but I've deleted it until it's officially supported.

El
    07-13-08 03:03 PM
    Anyone have issues as of late?
    I'm utilizing ATT 8310, v4.5.0.81.
    It's causing my phone to inadvertenly crash, either in stby mode or shortly after I start it and perform a search.

I'm highly contemplating removing it, but I know it's a great app, that just needs it's bugs worked out.
    11-29-08 08:08 AM
    damn, it doesnt support the bold .... boooooo.
    11-30-08 04:45 PM
    i'm going to look for this app, is it the same as 1-800-555-TELL?
    when you call that # it says "tell me" bla bla bla and asks what you would like to know. such as sports stats, news, weather, travel info...etc...anyway i'll look for the app and check it out, hopefully it works on the storm.
    12-01-08 06:56 PM
    i'm going to look for this app, is it the same as 1-800-555-TELL?
    when you call that # it says "tell me" bla bla bla and asks what you would like to know. such as sports stats, news, weather, travel info...etc...anyway i'll look for the app and check it out, hopefully it works on the storm.
    The phone number is part of/supported feature of the app but again the actual
    app itself does not work on any OS above 4.3
    12-01-08 07:58 PM
    The phone number is part of/supported feature of the app but again the actual
    app itself does not work on any OS above 4.3
    alright thanks, i suppose i'll stick with my viigo then
    12-01-08 08:09 PM
    alright thanks, i suppose i'll stick with my viigo then
    Viigo is not going to give you the functionality of TellMe. An alternative app is
    Windows Live Search Mobile
    12-02-08 01:16 AM
    Just grabbed this app, works great!
    12-03-08 04:43 AM
    how does this app stack up against vlingo? Does it still not support 4.5?
    12-03-08 07:31 AM
    too bad i cant use it... i have Verizon... no GPS.
    12-03-08 10:03 AM
    how does this app stack up against vlingo? Does it still not support 4.5?
    They are 2 totally different types of apps so no real comparison can be made.
    And yes it still does not run on 4.5
    12-03-08 09:15 PM
    damn, it doesnt support the bold .... boooooo.
    I just downloaded it to my Bold and it works great along with GPS.

TellMe website lists the 9000 Bold as compatible as well. I can confirm.
    12-17-08 02:16 AM
    I have a Curve on Alltel so it has GPS but when I go to m.tellme.com it only lists Sprint and Verizon. When I go to the Verizon link it says "This isn't available with your phone". Should I try to download anyways? When I went to the Sprint link it didn't say anything about not being compatible.
    12-17-08 01:19 PM
    I couldn't wait lol. I downloaded the 1.82.15 version for Verizon. It works nice. I like the program. GPS however

Oh well it's still a pretty sweet app.
    12-17-08 06:50 PM
    12-17-08 10:33 PM
    I just got done writing a review about TellMe on Cnet so I figured I would copy and paste it for my fellow "Crackheads" haha. Man, am I impressed! I considered getting the Samsung Instinct even though I knew the Blackberry was a far superior device. The only reason It was even a consideration was the fact that the Instinct came with the voice activated Microsoft Live Search which I thought was an awesome feature. I made the right decision on which phone to get but have still been a bit jealous when reminded of the Instincts "cool feature" that I didn't get! Now I get the one thing I was missing and it came FREE no less! I downloaded the app over the air on my Sprint Curve 8330 @ m.tellme.com. Installation was simple and fast. Oddly enough, I didn't even have to restart my device! I'm from NJ and have been told I have an accent...I have a cold right now which makes it even harder to understand my voice yet I only had maybe 2 wrong searches out of 20 or so tries! Works pretty fast as well! Way faster than opening my Opera browser and selecting a book mark (forget about typing). Once results are displayed (only takes a few seconds) it gives options to call the business, show on a map, get directions and then there is something called share (not sure what this is for...maybe email to a friend?) There was only one inaccurate search out of my first several tries. I searched "Costco" and for some reason was given a list of Mexican restaurants... odd. It even spelled out "Costco" on the results pages so I knew it didn't misunderstand my request. I tried a second time and it gave accurate results. Tell Me is now owned by Microsoft and it seems as though the "Live Search" results are updated regularly. It can be a few months behind but this had better results than my current model Magellan 1412 GPS for the car! The only thing that I didn't like was when the app gave "directions" it didn't give the option to open Sprint Navigation for real turn by turn spoken directions, instead I was only given written turn by turn instructions similar to what Google Maps would display. This isn't horrible and too be honest, it makes it easier at times when I know how to get to a business after the app refreshes my memory. I just wish I had the option to use my Blackberry's full potential if I chose. I would even be satisfied with the option to just copy and paste the address and manually use Sprint Navigation but it doesn't give the option to select the text. This app also opens and displays results faster than Blackberry Maps or Telenav. Another cool feature is searching for movies...I don't go very often but I have tried searching for movie times and locations on a regular phone browser in the past (not Blackberry) and was left frustrated after several minutes of useless page loads and selections. This app cant make it any easier! Say "movies" it gives a list of all movies playing (and apparently soon to be released as well), select the movie you are interested in and it displays every theater location and showing time in a list! You look like a super hero instead of some ***** mashing buttons on the cell phone while your friends wait anxiously. Overall, I am very pleased and I highly recommend this app and wish I downloaded it sooner. My Fiance normally tells me to go away and to leave her alone when showing her cool technology, (I cant be the only guy with this problem!) this time she was jealous! A few minor gripes still deserves a 5 star rating in my book!
    12-20-08 12:28 PM
    There are some posts in here that say this app doesn't work with os 4.5. Is there something else that does voice search that would work with google maps? According to the google site, voice search only works on the pearl phones. I have vlingo but from what I can tell, it only opens the program, I can't get it to do a search.
    02-02-09 11:44 AM
    I have Vlingo.......would I have to disable that to use this?

I'm sure it's a stupid question but I'm asking anyway.
    02-02-09 01:30 PM
    I have Vlingo.......would I have to disable that to use this?

I'm sure it's a stupid question but I'm asking anyway.
    Nope I've got both on my Bold and they work fine together. Can't guarantee they both will work on a curve but I don't see why they wouldn't.

They're a nice double combo set of voice activated apps to have on your device, imo.
    Last edited by Marine One; 02-02-09 at 01:45 PM.
    02-02-09 01:43 PM
    I figured it out on my own but thank you. TellMe is an awesome app! glad I clicked on this thread.
    02-02-09 01:47 PM
    Yeah it's a fun app to have. Show it to your friends and they'll get a kick out of it ...and maybe even a little jealous.

It's one of those hidden gems of an app that you don't see talked about much but is really fun. It even has GPS so if search for Mazzios in a strange city, you don't even have to bother telling the app where you are it knows based on the GPS and gives results for the city you are in. Pretty darn cool app. One of my favorites.
    02-02-09 01:51 PM
    must say that im jealous. i have had my eye on this app for some time and still no support for the blackbery storm......yet.
    02-04-09 08:50 PM
    any way to get this on an 8900? I selected the Bold version but it wont let be download it OTA.
    02-12-09 10:46 PM
103 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD