I do not have a data plan on my 9700 however i am successfully using Wifi to browse. I cannot download the TD banking app from the location provided by TD--i am getting a message saying no app for my phone. can i not download through the wifi connection and subsequently use the app through wifi or am i confused? I tried using the regular browser to access the td website (easy web) with javascript enabled and IE but i still can't get it with the message that i need to set cookies on. can anyone help? thanks much

***is this what the list Wifi compatible apps list is all about
    Last edited by kremitch; 02-19-12 at 02:20 AM. Reason: found more info in the forum
    02-19-12 02:06 AM
    Do you have OS7? The TD app is compatible with OS6 but they haven't upgraded it for OS7 yet.
    kremitch likes this.
    02-19-12 02:45 AM
    Let me link the app for you: https://secure.tdcanadatrust.com/mob...1.4/6.0/TD.jad orget it, linked the .jad file. You should be able to install it.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 02-19-12 at 07:42 AM.
    kremitch and auditman like this.
    02-19-12 07:40 AM
    It looks like i have v5.0.0.862. I see that I can upgrade to v6 IFF i have a PC. Heres the problem--Rogers ( I am sure it was them) wiped out my config file on my PC in doing their free-space recovery. I can't sign in without the book disk. I CANT FIND THE BOOT DISK So this is why I have resorted to using WIFI on my Blackberry at home (its good to at least pay your bills while mulling over your options). At least I have my answer--I need OS6 and I need a PC to get it onto my phone, right? Problem is I don't have another PC hanging around, I am writing to this post with a borrowed MAC. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by kremitch; 02-19-12 at 08:29 AM.
    02-19-12 08:23 AM
    It looks like i have v5.0.0.862. I see that I can upgrade to v6 IFF i have a PC. Heres the problem--Rogers ( I am sure it was them) wiped out my config file on my PC in doing their free-space recovery. I can't sign in without the book disk. I CANT FIND THE BOOT DISK So this is why I have resorted to using WIFI on my Blackberry at home (its good to at least pay your bills while mulling over your options). At least I have my answer--I need OS6 and I need a PC to get it onto my phone, right? Thanks for your help!
    So they wiped the recovery partition from your laptop? Or are you saying they deleted windows from it and it won't boot no more? If so, borrow a windows disc, reinstall windows, then if possible (if wifi works out of the box upon reinstallation) jump to the manufacturer's website, download and install all the drivers and reboot, then let windows update itself, then install blackberry desktop manager, then the device software from your carrier, then you'll be all set. Or can you explain it in more details?
    kremitch likes this.
    02-19-12 08:32 AM
    When I turn on the desktop PC I am prompted to put in a boot disk for the following missing file windows\system32\config\system. Borrowing a windows disc is not so easy...i asked someone at work and they won't even talk to me anymore (like i was getting them to do something terrible that would cost them their job or something!). I am concerned that there is more damage than just this one file though. last night i checked out this software from spotmau.com-PowerSuite 2012 Spotmau.com - Computer Service its $70 bucks and I like that icon at the top of the webpage..i can really relate right now Not that I have money to throw away, but I would like to keep the PC and all that is on it. I follow what you are trying to tell me to do though. Thanks again for your help
    Last edited by kremitch; 02-19-12 at 09:21 AM.
    02-19-12 09:03 AM
    You could bring it to the shop and have them reinstall windows for you without formatting the disk, via the Repair option. That will replace missing files. The rogers , the next time you do see him or her, let the manager know of what happened. They should not delete system files.

When I turn on the desktop PC I am prompted to put in a boot disk for the following missing file windows\system32\config\system. Borrowing a windows disc is not so easy...i asked someone at work and they won't even talk to me anymore (like i was getting them to do something terrible that would cost them their job or something!). I am concerned that there is more damage than just this one file though. last night i checked out this software from spotmau.com-PowerSuite 2012 Spotmau.com - Computer Service its $70 bucks and I like that icon at the top of the webpage..i can really relate right now Not that I have money to throw away, but I would like to keep the PC and all that is on it. Thanks again for your help
    kremitch likes this.
    02-19-12 09:20 AM
    FYI, I am referring to Rogers, the ISP and their 3rd party defrag program was the last thing that ran on my computer. I did phone them, and they fluffed it off (unbelievable) but in using the software you do release them from any responsibility Something as basic as these files, its hard to imagine thought that this could be done.... Then my paranoid self got to thinking, ghee maybe it was that complaint that you lodged with the CCTS over a really bad FIDO bill and won!,( whoot, whoot) Alas, the train of thought is too scary....but id migrate to a MAC in a heartbeat if I didn't have so much invested in the PC stuff. And of course there is other software that you can't get for a MAC like the freebie IKEA kitchen design software! ...sorry about the transgression ---thank-you very much, Im going to call a repair shop here in downtown TO today to see if they'd give it a go!
    02-19-12 09:35 AM
    I'm also in toronto. If it's windows xp, I could burn you a copy. I also have win7. I couldn't give two hoots about m$ complaining about "piracy" or "non-genuine" BS. As long as you have a working copy, it'll be better than a corrupted system missing crucial files.

FYI, I am referring to Rogers, the ISP and their 3rd party defrag program was the last thing that ran on my computer. I did phone them, and they fluffed it off (unbelievable) but in using the software you do release them from any responsibility Something as basic as these files, its hard to imagine thought that this could be done.... Then my paranoid self got to thinking, ghee maybe it was that complaint that you lodged with the CCTS over a really bad FIDO bill and won!,( whoot, whoot) Alas, the train of thought is too scary....but id migrate to a MAC in a heartbeat if I didn't have so much invested in the PC stuff. And of course there is other software that you can't get for a MAC like the freebie IKEA kitchen design software! ...sorry about the transgression ---thank-you very much, Im going to call a repair shop here in downtown TO today to see if they'd give it a go!
    02-19-12 09:49 AM
    Yes, it IS windows XP. That is very nice of you to offer. And I would like to take you up on your offer, thank-you. Are you downtown? This need not be a rush..anytime over the next couple of weeks would be okie.
    02-19-12 10:21 AM
    Yes, it IS windows XP. That is very nice of you to offer. And I would like to take you up on your offer, thank-you. Are you downtown? This need not be a rush..anytime over the next couple of weeks would be okie.
    Jane St./St. Clair area. I travel by bicycle. Today is booked (unemployed but I do keep myself busy somewhat), some time later would be good.
    02-19-12 10:26 AM
    ok, thanks
    02-19-12 10:54 AM
    No need to reinstall xp just run repair option when you boot. You be good to go after 30 min.
    kremitch likes this.
    02-19-12 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD