Notes:

*While viewing a forum,topic or post ,press your RED phone key to open the action bar.
    * To change pages press your volume up/down key for Page up/Page down
    * The red strips next to sub-forums and topics means their is an unread post.
    If you have a touchscreen:
    * DOUBLE TAP the icons in the action bar.. DO NOT CLICK

IF YOU CAN NOT FIND SOMETHING THEN THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE IT IS NOT IMPLEMENTED.PLEASE READ THROUGH THE THREADS ABOUT THE ALPHA

*ChangeLog*

-Added a small guide to "About" Screen

-Added Avatar Cache

-Added Reliable Connection to Settings->General
    * This should hopefully help the people that couldn't connect to connect.
    * Turned on by default

-Increased compatibility between touch screens(click and tap)
    * You should be able to click or tap and get the same effect
    * No more double taping things

- Changed the "Loading" dialog so it doesn't lock up phone use

- Implemented a Timeout Detector
    * This will detect when a timeout occurs and retry the connection once.
    Hopefully, it doesn't cause false detections
    * I haven't tested this out much

- Enhanced login timeout detection

-Bug Fixes

Cache: Stores things in memory to load faster

- Run in background
    * The application can only be closed by selecting "Close" from the BB Menu.

-Cached Favorites ( will load instantly every time after opening the favorites screen once)
    * The Favorties screen will reload/cache after adding another favorite

-Cached Forum Homescreen
    * Will load a the same forum homescreen twice as fast from "Favorites" after loading it once.The forum homescreen cache will reload/cache after loading a different favorite.

-Added the ability to press Volume UP/DOWN after going to "Enter Forum". This allows you to quickly scroll through the whole main forum ( this is cool)

- Added the signature toogle to the reply screen
    * The signature toogle in the options screen is the default.

-Added the ability to report an inappropriate forum from search,recent history and favorites.

-Bug Fixes

- Added Search Topic
    - Added Search post
    -Added Ability to include a post signature
    -Added PM
    * View message folders
    * View messages
    * Send PM
    - More in future updates( such as delete PM)
    - Bug Fixes

Note : I am aware of any bugs introduced with this update. There will be another update today with some bug fixes.

- Cut memory usage in half
    - Faster scrolling
    - Faster loading of forums ( loads the whole crackberry forum in 4 seconds using guest.... loads the whole crackberry forum in 5-6 seconds when using favorites). When logging into a forum using favorites you have to consider that it is also logging in and loading the whole forum while guest just loads the forum. There can also be network 'hiccups' where the network lags.

Im sure these changes will introduce bugs... so let me know as soon as you can.

- More Bug Fixes

- Bug Fixes

-TimeZone conversion for dates

-Ability to input images and hyperlinks when posting
    * While posting,Press the red phone key to bring up those options
    i. Url has two formats: one with a label that and one without
    i.e. The non-label format will be shown in the application but when you insert a label format it will show up correctly in the forum

- Bug Fixes for certain posts titles printing twice(blogberry)

-Fixed formatting of icons that show up in forum titles

- Small speed ups

- More bug fixes

- Fixed problem with paganation in all "View XXX's"

Upcoming in 0.8: PM and Search

Version 0.7

-Added Quote Reply
    -Added Subscribed topics
    -Add Participated topics
    -Added paganation to all "View xxxxx"
    -Bug Fixes

Install Links:

OS 5.0
    OS 6.0

Screenshots:
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 06-16-11 at 11:01 PM.
    05-24-11 05:05 PM
    Very cool, I was wondering when we'd get an update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 12:51 AM
    Edit: I didn't realize the OP made the app.

Here are some bugs:

-updating removes old favorites.
    -It's very slow in loading the cb forum, frankly using browser is much faster (using wifi). But it's probably mostly because the app itself slows down the whole phone to a crawl. I have problems using the return key or alt+return to switch apps from tapa. I ended up having to uninstall it (then having to restart) since whenever I'm inside the app it's not allowing me to exit it (very long lags between button presses).
    Last edited by hahree; 05-25-11 at 07:48 PM.
    05-25-11 05:46 PM
    I've also had problems with the new version lagging and freezing.

05-25-11 05:49 PM
    This has so much potential! I really wanted it to work. It freezes my Bold and is incredibly slow to scroll through. I hope this can be fixed soon. I'd really like to use it!

05-29-11 01:11 AM
    Just installed, and I haven't noticed any significant lag. I was able to search for and find a forum I couldn't find using the beta.

So far I really like it!
    05-29-11 09:24 AM
    When the forum is loading for the first time, their will be lag scrolling down.Afterwards, their shouldn't be any lag. I've tested this so far on a few phones and haven't experienced lag besides the initial loading using 3g. It also never freezes any of my phones.The forums load fast on my 3g. Some carrier have slower data routes than others. Sometimes their will be network lag where the forum doesn't respond and it says "Loading" for a little longer than usual but that's normal.You can test your data routes by going to : Please read if you get an error "No response from Tapatalk servers" - Tapatalk Community Forum

Follow the instructions and I will take a look at the logs.
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 05-29-11 at 09:38 AM.
    05-29-11 09:26 AM
    This has so much potential! I really wanted it to work. It freezes my Bold and is incredibly slow to scroll through. I hope this can be fixed soon. I'd really like to use it!

What do you mean it's incredibly slow to scroll?
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 05-29-11 at 03:02 PM.
    05-29-11 09:39 AM
    What do you mean it's incredibly slow to scroll?
    Yes. It gets stuck and I can't get it to scroll down. Then when it scrolls downs its jerky and doesn't stop where I want it to.

05-29-11 03:39 PM
    Nice to see an update, but it feels very slow.
    Loading forums is not as fast as loading them in the browser.

It won't remember my logon information, which makes switching forums very annoying.
    I can't seem to figure out how to set Favorites.
    The app disconnects me from the BB network (symbol dissapears) and I need to manually register.

That aside, this app is sure looking good. Nice UI, but it still needs work. But, hey it's an Alpha release right ?
    I'll be following this to see it evolve !

05-30-11 03:47 AM

1. The application loads the crackberry forum for me in less than 10 seconds on 3g. For me, it's faster than the browser.

2.The application does remember login information

3. An application can not disconnect someone from the network. This means your network is unstable.
    05-30-11 10:19 AM

1. The application loads the crackberry forum for me in less than 10 seconds on 3g. For me, it's faster than the browser.

3. An application can not disconnect someone from the network. This means your network is unstable.
    Same as Franatic, very slow and lag althought i tried both 3G and wifi
    Waiting for next update
    05-30-11 10:32 PM
    Same as Franatic, very slow and lag althought i tried both 3G and wifi
    Waiting for next update
    What can I say... It seems to work great for me and many other people. You can create some logs of your network and post them at : Please read if you get an error "No response from Tapatalk servers" - Tapatalk Community Forum
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 05-30-11 at 11:35 PM.
    05-30-11 11:32 PM

Thanks for the feedback !!

I've reinstalled the app and will report back.

Here are my initial findings after reinstalling:
    1. It loads and navigates just fine (both the app and inside forums). Faster that my previous installation.

2. Please inform me on how to let the app remember my login information. If I login to crackberry, then navigate back to 'recently visited' and enter another forum, then return to 'recently visited' and enter crackberry again the app prompts me to login again.

3. After exiting the app my BB network symbol (next to the 3G) is gone. I have to manually register again. This happens after using the app, in a location where I never had any networking issues before.

4. I found the forum menu, by accidentally pressing the red 'End Call' button. To me that is not very intuitive, but gets the job done. I do prefer this button to take me back to the HS and leave Tapatalk running in the background.

Still...very promising. Tapatalk took a giant leap forward and I'll be happy to keep testing and using it !
    Thanks !!
    Last edited by FRanatic; 05-31-11 at 05:08 AM.
    05-31-11 04:39 AM
    Thanks for the feedback !!

I've reinstalled the app and will report back.

Here are my initial findings after reinstalling:
    1. It loads and navigates just fine (both the app and inside forums). Faster that my previous installation.

2. Please inform me on how to let the app remember my login information. If I login to crackberry, then navigate back to 'recently visited' and enter another forum, then return to 'recently visited' and enter crackberry again the app prompts me to login again.

3. After exiting the app my BB network symbol (next to the 3G) is gone. I have to manually register again. This happens after using the app, in a location where I never had any networking issues before.

4. I found the forum menu, by accidentally pressing the red 'End Call' button. To me that is not very intuitive, but gets the job done. I do prefer this button to take me back to the HS and leave Tapatalk running in the background.

Still...very promising. Tapatalk took a giant leap forward and I'll be happy to keep testing and using it !
    Thanks !!
    2.Your not logging into the forums. Your going in as a guest.

3. I have no idea why that would happen. Since, I have 3g and it doesn't happen to me.Also, hasn't been reported by anyone else.

4. A top/bottom menu bar would take up too much space. What is intuitive to you? Many other people said they like the action bar using end key.
    If you want to switch out of the application and have it running in the background: Press your BB Menu key and select "Switch Application".
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 05-31-11 at 08:37 AM.
    05-31-11 08:34 AM
    2.Your not logging into the forums. Your going in as a guest.

3. I have no idea why that would happen. Since, I have 3g and it doesn't happen to me.Also, hasn't been reported by anyone else.

4. A top/bottom menu bar would take up too much space. What is intuitive to you? Many other people said they like the action bar using end key.
    If you want to switch out of the application and have it running in the background: Press your BB Menu key and select "Switch Application".
    Give me some credit. I know when I'm logging in as guest or on my account. Guests usually don't have access to my subscribed threads and inbox. Which work great by the way through the app !

Also the fact that people don't report it, doesn't mean it isn't there

Just my two cents, while trying to make Tapatalk better.
    05-31-11 12:48 PM
    Recent History doesn't remember login information. Favorites does remember login information. This is how to favorite a forum:

1. Login into a forum
    2. Press Red Key
    3.Double tap or click yellow star

If you go to favorites, you should see an entry with the forum you just favorited. Please let me know when you figured it out

Btw, I'm glad your liking the application. Do you have any suggestions?
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 05-31-11 at 01:28 PM.
    05-31-11 01:18 PM

**Changelog**

-TimeZone conversion for dates

-Ability to input images and hyperlinks when posting
    * While posting,Press the red phone key to bring up those options
    i. Url has two formats: one with a label and one without
    i.e. The non-label format will be shown in the application but when you insert a label format it will show up correctly in the forum

- Bug Fixes for certain posts titles printing twice(blogberry)

-Fixed formatting of icons that show up in forum titles

- Small speed ups

- More bug fixes

- Fixed problem with paganation in all "View XXX's"

Upcoming in 0.8: PM and Search
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 05-31-11 at 11:11 PM.
    05-31-11 09:29 PM
    This app is getting sweeter by the day. The latest update still shows version .7 and not .75 .

Edit: Still getting .7 and not .75. The UI on this is really nice now. And I like the fact that when you log in to a forum that has several hundred pages, it takes you to the last page now.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 05-31-11 at 11:22 PM.
    05-31-11 10:28 PM
    Download it again
    05-31-11 10:35 PM

*ChangeLog*

- Bug Fixes
    06-01-11 04:44 PM

***Changelog***

- More Bug Fixes
    06-01-11 08:48 PM
    I have installed this application, 2 times. I keep getting an error after a reboot. I installed the os 6.0 because I have a 9650 os 6.0,any troubleshooting tips?
    06-01-11 09:06 PM
    What error?
    06-01-11 09:25 PM
    I use the ExtraKeys app to reassign the volume keys to launch apps, and when I try to use these keys in TapaTalk my assigned apps launch! This doesn't happen when I'm in a call and adjust the volume with the same keys. I hope you can fix that. Thanks
    06-01-11 10:11 PM
98 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD