Just found out nbc tv on: m.nbc.com. Currently working on my 9700 via wifi using hotspot broswer. I heard it doesn't work on bis/bes cuz it gets canadians ip address. Can someone test it out on their bis/bes and let us know if it works?

The quality on my aint that great...some pixellation. But it is bearable to watch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 01:42 PM
    when i try to watch a video, it just keeps bringing me to a 'download nbc shortcut' page..and when i do install and launch the shortcut, it forces to use the web2go browser and fails
    03-01-10 01:49 PM
    when i try to watch a video, it just keeps bringing me to a 'download nbc shortcut' page..and when i do install and launch the shortcut, it forces to use the web2go browser and fails
    Well it works on mine via wifi. Are u sure u r using wifi?

03-01-10 02:13 PM
    No, i am working off of BIS. So i guess that may answer your question about whether or not BIS/BES works... I'll give wifi a shot when i get home.

Although that ends up being a bit pointless. If i am in a wifi location, i would have a better device than a BB to watch videos on :P
    03-01-10 02:17 PM
    No, i am working off of BIS. So i guess that may answer your question about whether or not BIS/BES works... I'll give wifi a shot when i get home.

Although that ends up being a bit pointless. If i am in a wifi location, i would have a better device than a BB to watch videos on :P
    Hey its free u can't complain. Unless someone come out with some kind of proxy ip hack to get work via bis/bes.

03-01-10 02:33 PM
    To see what's going on I went ahead and downloaded the NBC shortcut, closed my browser and turned WiFi off and then used 2g EDGE to connect with the shortcut. It worked OK - you're right, it connects via the Web2Go browser option. I did get a buffering hang up a lot, but the vid did play. It was better when I used WiFi, too. I'll try 3g when I go to town tomorrow, but I think UTube works better for streaming, and movies saved on my media card work 1000 times better.

03-01-10 03:14 PM
    Here's my two cents:

I have a 9700 on T-Mobile, with no BB Data Plan. Using Wifi, the NBC service works fine (didn't prompt me to download any shortcut, just selected one of the listed categories, then video). Watching Knight Rider! Yes, it's pixelated, but as the OP said, watchable. Using direct TCP/IP (old-school previous T-Zones internet access carryover from last phone) it works as well. A little buffering at the start, but I blame that on my poor Edge signal.

Yeah, I have 16GB worth of stuff to watch on my phone, but this is great! I support this 100%... think about it, a major network is finally catering to a BlackBerry-compatible free service. It's ad-free, super easy, and has decent selection- what's to complain about? I'm hoping it starts a trend. Thanks for pointing this out, OP!
    03-01-10 03:15 PM
    Hmm... I'm getting forbidden errors (9700, T-Mo US, tried both 3G and Wifi, same forbidden errors).
    03-01-10 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD