Excuse my ignorance. I've searched the posts and really haven't found the answers I'm looking for.

Now that AT&T's back to allowing it, exactly how does their VVM work?

I'm not looking for comparisons between it and other brands of VVM's... just what it does that regular voice mail doesn't besides provide a text transcript of your voicemail?

Also if you provision to have VVM and you decide you don't want it, can you go back? And if you do what's the procedure to completely delete it so it's not always running?
    10-23-09 07:56 AM
    Att visual voice mail is the same as the iPhones. When someone leaves you a voice mail it comes in as a email or other message would. you have the option to listen delete forward or save. you don't get a text transcription of the message. The feature is something that att provisions your account, so i am sure that it can be removed and allow you to revert back to traditional voice mail . but i really like it, it seems faster and more efficient than dialing voice mail and listening to prompts etc.
    10-23-09 11:23 AM
    VMM is fantastic.

If you do get provisioned for it and want to remove it you can delete it from your device like any other application but I think you would also want to call ATT to let them know you want to be un-provisioned as well.
    10-23-09 12:50 PM
    faster and more efficient than dialing voice mail and listening to prompts etc.
    what he said
    10-23-09 12:52 PM
    One thing I'm curious about, as I have a Bold 9000 with the 4.6.0.517 OS installed and it has this feature.

Will AT&T provision this for a prepaid account that has MEdia Net? I'm thinking not, and as my Bold 9000 is working fine with all data features working fine (including 3G) something tells me to not "go there" as it were--but I can't help but be curious.

It actually doesn't seem to be a data-driven feature (I could be wrong), but even if that's the case, they're naturally going to be thinking "why would someone call and add this feature if they merely have a flip phone" (or whatever), although last time I spoke with them I had the Curve 8310 and the only thing they had to say was they couldn't "guarantee" the data features would work (they did).
    10-23-09 01:13 PM
    Att visual voice mail is the same as the iPhones. When someone leaves you a voice mail it comes in as a email or other message would. you have the option to listen delete forward or save. you don't get a text transcription of the message. The feature is something that att provisions your account, so i am sure that it can be removed and allow you to revert back to traditional voice mail . but i really like it, it seems faster and more efficient than dialing voice mail and listening to prompts etc.
    OK... so if you don't get a text transcript I assume you get an email which includes the callers # and maybe his name (if they are in your contact list?) and time & date?

I get an icon now that alerts me when I have voicemail... excluding the vague informational things I mentioned above, it already seems pretty visual to me?????

Other than a different way to alert you that you have voicemail, what else does it do?

Can you save the voicemail directly to your phone for playback without connecting to the network? And are you saying I can then forward that voicemail to someone else for them to listen to?
    10-23-09 01:56 PM
    Give this a read:
    AT&T Visual Voicemail | Wireless from AT&T

Also, you can use VVM and the regular voicemail dial-in method concurrently. So if you don't like VMM, it's not a big deal as the "old" way isn't disabled.
    Last edited by captain_giggles; 10-24-09 at 01:15 AM.
    10-24-09 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD