With budget cuts at work, I ended up getting a personal Blackberry. I want to keep my calendar synced, but I can't install any software on my laptop at work to do it. I'm using Google Sync to sync the BB with my Google Calendar, and tried to use Google's Outlook sync to sync Google to Outlook, but needed to install software to do that.

First thing's first, Google Calendar is completely unneccessary, but the only way I could think of to get from Outlook to the BB. I'd like to do it wirelessly, but I do plug the BB in to my computer at while I'm at work to charge, so if I must, a USB sync would work. Are there any apps I can use, without an install that will write to the Windows registry, to sync outlook to Google or the BB directly? Or is there a better solution to all this?
    07-20-09 04:41 PM
    Without any kind of software install it will be tough. You could try Funambol for bb and Outlook. But it has a pc software install Outlook plugin. Is your Outlook connected to an Exchange sever? If so, for $50/yr you could use AstraSync, if your work will give u access. Failing that, u can publish your Outlook cal and subscribe to it in Google Cal, then subscribe to your default Google Cal in Outlook and Sync w Goog Sync for bb. You'd be managing 2 cals but both would be in all the places u need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 06:32 PM
    Sounds like I'm out of luck. With our proxy I can't do much even with software I could get installed, and they definitely aren't going to pay for a license (at that point, they might as well get rid of my other cell phone and get me a corporate BB). Maybe I'll do some digging and see if I can't write something that'll do it for me. Thanks for the input.
    07-21-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD