Hey guys and gals!
    I know this has been discussed before, but I wanted to let you know of a service I found to EASILY keep Outlook and Blackberry calendar and contacts in sync wirelessly. And no, I'm not an employee trying to push it. I've just been looking for something like this that is affordable ($7 a month or $60 a year) and easy to set up. So far, it's been great! They have a 14 day trial period, so it's easy to see if it's right for you.

It is Handheld Contact for Outlook Wirelessly sync Microsoft Outlook Contacts and Appointments with your phone – Works with BlackBerry and Windows Mobile. I know it's not free like the Google option, but I had a hard time setting up the Google option, and I'm not a novice on the computer

Give it a try if you're so inclined

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceDBR; 06-18-10 at 06:40 PM.
    06-18-10 09:58 AM
    I'm assuming it doesn't sync memos and tasks.
    I would love the see a wireless syncing app that syncs all four to Oulook: contacts, calendar, memos and tasks.

Good Luck
    06-18-10 05:29 PM
    Why pay seven bucks a month for something you can get free?

1) Get a Google Calendar and a gmail account.
    2) Install Google Sync on your BlackBerry and the Google sync app for Outlook.
    3) ?????
    4) PROFIT!

I've been using Google sync for almost two years and it's worked flawlessly. Keeps data straight between two desktop computers at my office, a desktop at home, a notebook and a netbook, and my BlackBerry.

The Google sync apps are NOT hard to set up. I've done it at my office and for several friends.
    06-18-10 11:54 PM
    Why pay seven bucks a month for something you can get free?

1) Get a Google Calendar and a gmail account.
    2) Install Google Sync on your BlackBerry and the Google sync app for Outlook.
    3) ?????
    4) PROFIT!

I've been using Google sync for almost two years and it's worked flawlessly. Keeps data straight between two desktop computers at my office, a desktop at home, a notebook and a netbook, and my BlackBerry.

The Google sync apps are NOT hard to set up. I've done it at my office and for several friends.
    You're talking about Google Apps sync, right? If so, so you know if the Standard version gets the job done or does Calendar require the Premium? If not, I'm having trouble finding this app.
    06-19-10 05:36 PM
    Anybody got a link to a good "how to" on this - I'd say this is even CrackBerry guide material.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 12:57 AM
    I'm assuming it doesn't sync memos and tasks.
    I would love the see a wireless syncing app that syncs all four to Oulook: contacts, calendar, memos and tasks.

Good Luck
    You can do it for free with Memotoo or Mobical, or Scheduleworld is a bit more robust, but not free.

06-20-10 11:33 AM
    You can do it for free with Memotoo or Mobical, or Scheduleworld is a bit more robust, but not free.

Tks sickboy for the info.
    I'll try looking them up.
    Good Luck
    06-20-10 09:40 PM
    I stumbled across this thread and thought I would share how I synchronise two computers, and as someone asks further up the thread sync all four, contacts, tasks, memos and calendar.

For years I have sync'd home and work computers using either a palm or a windows mobile PDA. In general it has worked pretty well. At least a couple of years ago my work introduced blackberries but I also continued carrying my windows mobile device around because I wanted to sync everything up. My PDA isn't big but it has started to feel heavier and heavier. I got a new home computer with outlook 2007 that talked about syncing outlook with calendars on the web so I decided to figure out if I could sync my work outlook with my home outlook. It turned out this wasn't going to work because we have an older version of outlook at work, and in any event I am restricted to not being able to install software on the work computer, so I looked at whether I could do it with the BB and my home computer.

I got BB desktop but came across lots of reports of messing things up by turning wireless sync on and off (my BB works via BES). The last thing I want to do is mess up my work diary so I looked furhter and found a couple of services, including google that I could use to sync my work and home outlook using software installed on the blackberry instead of the computer. I looked at google but I couldn't see that it sync'd tasks - it may do now, I just don't know. What I found and have used since is Funambol.

Funambol syncs calendar, contacts, memos and tasks and uses software on the BB that will sync from manually up to every 5 minutes with the funambol server (seems to be heavy on my BB battery if I do this though). I can then sync my home computer's outlook with the funambol server using software installed on my home computer. The BB syncs with my work computer via BES so everything on the BB is sync'd with work that way (and backed as well).

An unexpected advantage of all of this is I can sync it all even when I am out of the office because my blackberry is always on even if my work computer is not. I do all this with one way syncs (BB to funambol to home) but two way syncs are possible, as is choosing subfolders in outlook (calendar, tasks, memos and contacts subfolders) to sync with the funambol server. I've added categories to my folders to differentiate what is home and work. For this I start my categories with an asterisk so that they are at the top of the list when I make new entries and save myself the hassle of scrolling down (ie "*work*" and "*home*")

I see people say they have no affiliation with whatever it is they are talking about and never know whether to believe them but in this case I can be sure that my only affiliation with funambol is as a satisfied user. If you are involved in developing funambol you don't pay. Also if you don't like the idea of using someone else's server, and have the know how, the server software is a community project that you can download and set up for yourself. I must say I don't have the know how and haven't done this. They are at funambol.com

Works for me and does all four.

Red
    06-21-10 06:22 PM
    I came accross Syncamatic for Outlook. (it was on BB App World)
    It's free and looks great.

After about a half an hour looking into it on their web site I discovered it only works with Outlook 2007 for now.
    Unfortunately I have Outlook 2003
    06-21-10 07:10 PM
    I stumbled across this thread and thought I would share how I synchronise two computers, and as someone asks further up the thread sync all four, contacts, tasks, memos and calendar.

For years I have sync'd home and work computers using either a palm or a windows mobile PDA. In general it has worked pretty well. At least a couple of years ago my work introduced blackberries but I also continued carrying my windows mobile device around because I wanted to sync everything up. My PDA isn't big but it has started to feel heavier and heavier. I got a new home computer with outlook 2007 that talked about syncing outlook with calendars on the web so I decided to figure out if I could sync my work outlook with my home outlook. It turned out this wasn't going to work because we have an older version of outlook at work, and in any event I am restricted to not being able to install software on the work computer, so I looked at whether I could do it with the BB and my home computer.

I got BB desktop but came across lots of reports of messing things up by turning wireless sync on and off (my BB works via BES). The last thing I want to do is mess up my work diary so I looked furhter and found a couple of services, including google that I could use to sync my work and home outlook using software installed on the blackberry instead of the computer. I looked at google but I couldn't see that it sync'd tasks - it may do now, I just don't know. What I found and have used since is Funambol.

Funambol syncs calendar, contacts, memos and tasks and uses software on the BB that will sync from manually up to every 5 minutes with the funambol server (seems to be heavy on my BB battery if I do this though). I can then sync my home computer's outlook with the funambol server using software installed on my home computer. The BB syncs with my work computer via BES so everything on the BB is sync'd with work that way (and backed as well).

An unexpected advantage of all of this is I can sync it all even when I am out of the office because my blackberry is always on even if my work computer is not. I do all this with one way syncs (BB to funambol to home) but two way syncs are possible, as is choosing subfolders in outlook (calendar, tasks, memos and contacts subfolders) to sync with the funambol server. I've added categories to my folders to differentiate what is home and work. For this I start my categories with an asterisk so that they are at the top of the list when I make new entries and save myself the hassle of scrolling down (ie "*work*" and "*home*")

I see people say they have no affiliation with whatever it is they are talking about and never know whether to believe them but in this case I can be sure that my only affiliation with funambol is as a satisfied user. If you are involved in developing funambol you don't pay. Also if you don't like the idea of using someone else's server, and have the know how, the server software is a community project that you can download and set up for yourself. I must say I don't have the know how and haven't done this. They are at funambol.com

Works for me and does all four.

Red
    Funambol is great, but they limit new users to 90 days. I also can't get the outlook plugin to work with Outlook 2010.

06-21-10 08:54 PM
    I also can't get the outlook plugin to work with Outlook 2010.
    Outlook 2010 is public beta, not RTM. I suspect the Google Sync plugin will be available around the time it's released. Re-engineering software for betas is a waste of time.
    06-22-10 12:45 PM
    Outlook 2010 is public beta, not RTM. I suspect the Google Sync plugin will be available around the time it's released. Re-engineering software for betas is a waste of time.
    Office 2010 is available retail.
    Amazon.com: Microsoft Office 2010 Professional (Disc Version): Windows: Software

Not Beta anymore.
    06-22-10 12:48 PM
    You're talking about Google Apps sync, right? If so, so you know if the Standard version gets the job done or does Calendar require the Premium? If not, I'm having trouble finding this app.
    Nope, not Google apps and nothing premium. You need the free Google Sync plugin for Outlook.

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    06-22-10 12:56 PM
    Funambol is great, but they limit new users to 90 days.
    There are also many simple ways to have the account extended for free. Look at the FAQ
    How can I keep using myFUNAMBOL after the 90 days trial period expires? on the my.funambol.com/Help

I also can't get the outlook plugin to work with Outlook 2010.
    Funambol plugin for Outlook is for 32bit Office only. Is your Outlook 64bit?
    06-22-10 07:18 PM
    Yeah, I'm using the 64 bit. I can sync with Evolution in Linux just fine, which may be just another reason to switch full time.

06-22-10 09:30 PM
    Funambol is the way to go.

BUT.

funambol outlook sync screws up outlook 2010, it disables scrolling.
    06-22-10 09:52 PM
    Yeah, I'm using the 64 bit.
    That explains it. Funambol on Outlook 64bit is not available yet. Stay tuned for updates from Funambol.
    06-23-10 04:08 PM
    I'm on a Mac OSX and Funambol is working GREAT for me! I'm syncing my contacts/address book, tasks, memos AND photos. Anything changed on the phone, the server OR my home computer updates the other 2 at whatever interval I set up (I have it at daily). The only thing not working 100% yet is the server to my iCal on the Mac - but that looks like it is fixed and is going to be released soon. There is currently no problems between my phone's calendar and the server.

I also don't work for them (OP) but the reason I tried them is because googlesync would either dupe my contacts and calendar entries, or mix up my contact's info or both. Googlesync also didn't transfer my contact photos (don't think it does yet). I thought that when BIS incorporated contact syncing that it might fix my problems but it didn't. And for most Mac users I don't think I have to go into how the Desktop Manager for Mac only works when the planets are aligned AND it's your birth month, lol. But Funambol works flawlessly and wirelessly. Two enthusiastic Mac thumbs up!
    Last edited by CZeph; 06-26-10 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Added title
    06-26-10 08:14 PM
    That explains it. Funambol on Outlook 64bit is not available yet. Stay tuned for updates from Funambol.
    I know. Go figure, I can run a 64 bit Funambol server on my machine just fine, I just can't sync with it. lol.

06-26-10 10:41 PM
    As a small biz owner I find it OUTRAGEOUS on so many levels that I cannot sync a BB with an unlimited data plan thru AT&T!

1. RIM made the BB ONLY for corporations... not small biz
    2. MS deliberately plays politics with vendors like BB by not supporting fully functional features such as EMAIL SYNC! I should NOT have to buy Exchange and BES to get a single email account to sync!!!
    3. BIS is just BS! If I setup IMAP in Outlook (and this is their politics) I lose all the full feature functions of OL such as flag email with a reminder. Flags are not sync'ed. Read is not "read". BIS ISA JOKE!
    4. DON'T TELL ME TO INTEGRATE MY BIZ EML WITH GOOGLE!!! I see Google as the new MS- bloated, arrogant, and playing the same game as MS!

All I want to do is:
    Sync a single email address (private address) with OL and my Bold 9700. I want my contacts, tasks, calendar, and... AND EMAIL REPLICATION. If I am on the road and I get an email on my BB and reply, I want the original to show read and the reply to show in Outlook and visa versa.

Why is this so F'n hard!?
    08-16-10 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD