Hi,

When I sync my Google calendar with my BB Tour calendar does that take away from the phone memory? Last time I did this it said 184 kb data transferred. I like the idea of having the Google calendar items on my BB calendar but I don't want to use up the memory since I would like to add more applications later.

Thanks
    06-29-10 09:40 AM
    I dont think it does, though I could be wrong. If it did it would not be much memory at all.
    06-29-10 03:58 PM
    Thanks, I just looked at the information after the items from Google calendar were transferred into the BB calendar and it shows :
    Data Usage

Transferred since 1 Jun 45 KB

I did not see any option in the calendar to delete completed items or older items to clear this data usage from the phone.
    06-30-10 08:11 AM
    That's not the memory used on your phone, that's the amount of data actually transferred during the sync process. I guess that's so you can be sure it doesn't burn up the limits on your data plan.

It's like loading this page. It involves data transfer, but the downloaded data is purged from the cache shortly after. Your app memory is not diminished by the aggregate data of all the pages you've ever downloaded.

You can change the settings on Google Sync to specify the date range synced. It will go back as much as 4 weeks and up to a year in the future. Those entries take up space in app memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 11:05 AM
    That's not the memory used on your phone, that's the amount of data actually transferred during the sync process. I guess that's so you can be sure it doesn't burn up the limits on your data plan.

It's like loading this page. It involves data transfer, but the downloaded data is purged from the cache shortly after. Your app memory is not diminished by the aggregate data of all the pages you've ever downloaded.

You can change the settings on Google Sync to specify the date range synced. It will go back as much as 4 weeks and up to a year in the future. Those entries take up space in app memory.

Thank you, so does this mean i should not use this application if I am concerned about those entries taking space in app memory?

Thanks again
    06-30-10 11:13 PM
    Do you NEED those calendar entries? If you do, it's a good use of the memory.

The calendar entry takes up the same amount of device entry whether it's imported from your Google calendar by Google Sync, synchronized with Outlook through Desktop Manager, or entered on the device directly into your BB calendar.

07-01-10 02:13 AM
    you can also go into your calendar options and change the section where it asks how long do you want to keep your entries for 15 days, 30 days, forever
    07-01-10 06:54 AM
    How much free memory do you have available? Also, do a backup of your Tour, then go to advanced restore and check how big the calendar database is. I'm sure it's pretty small. You won't miss the memory.
    07-01-10 07:31 AM
    Thanks for all the replies. the memory information is:

Application Memory
    Free Space 52.0 MB
    Media card
    Total Space 942.7 MB
    Free Space 855.4 MB
    07-01-10 11:27 PM
    52 megs of app memory is fine. Under 20 things might get sluggish, but some people get along with under 10. Your BB uses app memory, not media card, for calendar entries.

07-01-10 11:33 PM
    Thanks for the help
    07-03-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD