I paid for both and what do I have to do to get it to start working again? My friend does not have berrybuzz and her's still does not work so.....thats not the problem.
    03-04-09 06:49 PM
    File a support issue to the developer. There's a support link on the page where you buy it.
    03-04-09 08:06 PM
    I'm using Swoosh by itself. I don't like that I have to hit "enter" then hit send right after any ways.. I'm not sure if i'm just doing something wrong or what. I type a message, hit enter (I set the settings to "Enter Sends" to yes), then I have to hit send 2 times just to send my message. Is this how it's supposed to work?
    03-04-09 10:57 PM
    i didn't have that issue, enter always sent alone
    03-04-09 11:19 PM
    I do remember that the first time you send a message, you have to check "don't ask me again."
    03-05-09 12:28 AM
    SO i am finding that other ppl that do not have BB bolds are not having the issue where this app is not working after a battery pull. Interestingly, after about 7 battery pulls between 3 days, my app did start to work again then the installation of the new Myspace app; causing another reset/battery pull made my app NOT work again. I have not heard back from the developer asking how to fix this or give me my money back and i sent the message about 4 days ago : ( im confused.
    03-06-09 11:11 AM
    are there any other apps out there that is similar to SwooshSMS? picture and threaded feature?
    03-06-09 11:18 AM
    SO i am finding that other ppl that do not have BB bolds are not having the issue where this app is not working after a battery pull. Interestingly, after about 7 battery pulls between 3 days, my app did start to work again then the installation of the new Myspace app; causing another reset/battery pull made my app NOT work again. I have not heard back from the developer asking how to fix this or give me my money back and i sent the message about 4 days ago : ( im confused.
    If you want your money back send a customer service request to the store you bought it from (Handango, etc), stating that you bought the app and after a reset it no longer works at all. You sent the developer a request but they did not respond for almost a week.
    03-06-09 12:15 PM
    has anyone used swooshsms i think im going to download it now.
    03-06-09 12:17 PM
    Yeah I used it. I liked it alot, except that it stopped working after a reset.

Hopefully they release another version...
    03-06-09 12:22 PM
    Developer says they are working on a workaround, so that's good.
    03-06-09 05:22 PM
    This App Sucks. Although it is threaded, it works in conjunction with the default SMS application. You will in effect have to send and delete msgs through both applications. Its horrible. Don't buy it.
    03-06-09 10:07 PM
    Oiy.... this has been said a million times. RIM's apis don't let 3rd party apps access the sms inbox. So this will never be possible until they change the apis.
    03-06-09 11:56 PM
    have never use an app like that,how much is it
    03-07-09 12:31 AM
    I am still using the bbtext2im. Yes I know it dont clear the sms but I am used to it now lol
    it's that cool?I am looking for something about that.
    03-07-09 12:43 AM
    Oiy.... this has been said a million times. RIM's apis don't let 3rd party apps access the sms inbox. So this will never be possible until they change the apis.
    It is also not possible for more than one application to succesfully listen for SMS messages with a MessageConnection on port 0. There is a thread on the BlackBerry Developer Forums which you can find if you google for "blackberry sms://0".

However if you just want to know if an SMS arrived, which I presume BBAlerts and BerryBuzz do, then all you need is a DatagramConnection. Any number of third party applications can listen for SMS messages in this way. I have emailed the authors of BBAlerts and BerryBuzz with details of this issue and have also provided them with all the code they need to listen for SMS messages with a DatagramConnection. Until RIM fix the issue that is all I can do really.

With respect to SwooshSMS not preventing messages from appearing in the Message application, users can change the stock Message application to have separate inboxes for email and SMS. This does not solve the issue of message counts but it makes your inbox more manageable.

Haemish
    03-10-09 12:58 PM
    Hey I recently upgraded to 4.5 and now my 3jam sms is sending messages slow! Anybody have a solution?
    03-18-09 01:09 AM
    if you want not to receive sms to your inbox enable your firewall in options>security>firewall and check SMS and enable it.. I did that and im using 3JAm.. it's nice.. i'm gonna try swoosh..
    Last edited by ladyassassin; 07-03-09 at 12:20 AM.
    07-02-09 11:38 PM
    Its working for me well so far. Im gonna try to block the SMS thing to see if that stops the count.
    09-19-09 11:20 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD