i just got a replacement 9700 and i dont want to switch my apps over to the new device(some of witch i won from crackberry)...if anyone knows anything it would be most appreciated
    03-10-10 10:43 AM
    i did the back up and restore via DM but it did not transfer my apps
    03-10-10 10:51 AM
    The ones from Crackberry you should be able to log in and change your PIN to get them working again.
    03-10-10 10:54 AM
    no luck, still not working
    03-10-10 11:04 AM
    Use the "Device Switch" Wizard in DM.

If you want to switch the apps over to the new device as well, make sure the box labelled "transfer third party app data" is checked as well.

If you don't want them transferred, uncheck the box.
    03-10-10 11:11 AM
    michaelwpg, i just tried the device switch but i dont have another battery for the second device to connect simultaneously...the new device was a warranty replacement so they only sent the device itself and i have to keep the same battery and battery cover....is there another option?
    03-10-10 11:20 AM
    From where did you purchase the applications?

Many app stores will allow you to switch the PIN to a new device.

Also, in the device switch wizard, you can connect the first device and then you will be prompted to connect the second device. At which point you can disconnect the first device.
    03-10-10 11:24 AM
    ok i FINALLY got the applications to transfer....i ended up borrowing my friends Berry to transfer the apps to his device and then to my new device...worked like a charm....thanks to all for the inputs/advice
    03-10-10 12:27 PM
    michaelwpg, i just tried the device switch but i dont have another battery for the second device to connect simultaneously...the new device was a warranty replacement so they only sent the device itself and i have to keep the same battery and battery cover....is there another option?
    Just for future reference, you do not need to simultaneously connect the TWO BB's. Connect the old and run Switch, when it wants the NEW/second device, remove the first (swap batteries, if necessary) and plug in the second.
    03-10-10 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD