Just received this email from Starbucks:

---
    We want to let you know that the Starbucks Card Mobile app for BlackBerry will be discontinued after August 28.

If you currently have a balance on your Starbucks Card through this app, please visit a Starbucks store before August 28 to transfer your Starbucks Card balance from your mobile device onto a plastic Starbucks Card.
    ---
    (online version available here)

Now perhaps I am reading too far into this, but it seems to me that Starbucks is going too far here. It's one thing to stop allowing downloads of the app, but why modify your system to start rejecting existing users?!

Anyway, the main point of this post is to query if anyone knows of a third-party apps, workarounds, etc that would allow one to keep using a Starbucks card from the 'berry. Any ideas?
    08-16-12 05:13 PM
    I received the same email. This is very disappointing. Thank you Starbucks for a whopping twelve days notice before you reject users of this app. Is it too much of a burden for them to at least still honor the app and stop maintaining instead of cutting off the app's head.

I remember when I got my 9930 I had to find the download link to the .jad here on CrackBerry.
    08-16-12 06:10 PM
    Yea I do't get it. What is it -- going to break them? I've already griped on their FB wall and via their webform. Not that anyone there would care. I think anyone who loves Blackberry and is sticking to their guns should complain, whether you like Starbucks or not. Just to let the world know we aren't all iSheep.
    08-16-12 06:33 PM
    Just got the email as well. It's unfortunate that they're discontinuing support of the app. I use this app daily most times multiple times a day. I wish there was a clear reason as to why they are discontinuing support to the app other than they are on the iPhone bandwagon.
    08-16-12 07:53 PM
    starbucks loves apple
    08-16-12 09:42 PM
    starbucks loves apple
    Perhaps Starbucks considers Blackberry to be totally uncool and inconsistent with their corporate image.
    08-17-12 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD