Hey everyone,
    I have been going crazy looking for a suitable compass app for my bb storm... I have to admit I'm getting
    Jealous of the iphone AND the G1 having real operational compass'. If anyone knows a good link I would really
    Appreciate it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 06:28 AM
    06-18-09 06:48 AM
    We decided to do 2 versions of our new Compass for the Storm: a ‘Lite’ version with basic functionality for a low, low price and, in a couple of months, an ‘Enhanced’ version with many more features.
    We released the Compass Lite last week. Here’s the blurb:

This wonderful 'Ancient Mariner' compass uses the built-in GPS in the device to show your line of travel, speed, latitude and longitude and where North is in relation to your heading. To establish a line of travel, you must be moving.

You can see it here.

Available now on our website, through MobiHand.com and Available at the CB Store!

Enjoy!

B
    08-05-09 04:25 PM
    GPS Logger... search for it.
    08-05-09 04:44 PM
    08-05-09 04:50 PM
    Compass lite is good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 07:14 PM
    Storm doesn't have an internal gyro.

These compass apps use the GPS COG reading to display a heading. You must be moving in a constant direction to obtain a heading.
    08-05-09 07:27 PM
    ^^^^ CK is correct, all these apps require movement to determine direction. Free app BlackStar is excellent and accurate.
    08-05-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD