I have had my Blackberry Bold 9700 since February. The battery life has always been great, it would last about 2 days and I text like crazy. I do have the Facebook app, always have so that is not a concern. I charged my battery all night, have sent about 5 texts today, no phonecalls and browsed the web very briefly. My phone just hit the orange bar and is almost dead. Not sure why it is suddenly dying so quickly. One small change I made is recently installing UberTwitter. I had TweetGenius in the past with no battery issues but uninstalled it and downloaded Ubertwitter. Could a simply app switch make my battery decrease like this? Help
    10-03-10 04:15 PM
    If the app is always looking for content, data or tweets, possibly? How often does it check? You could leave it installed but check for tweets manually and see if that changes things - that way you would know if it it uber.
    10-03-10 04:22 PM
    I will adjust those settings and see what happens. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 04:37 PM
    I've been having some similar problems recently, although I have recently installed a two new apps, which could certainly be the culprit. The other thing I've been doing differently is charging my phone every night, which I wouldn't expect to be a problem but who knows.

It is certainly an odd issue, as the apps I've installed don't run on startup or draw info from the net on a regular basis, so your guess is as good as mine.

10-03-10 04:53 PM
    I used to charge my battery every other night or two nights now its every night or even during the day, so frustrating

10-03-10 05:22 PM
    keep in mind that the batteries themselves may be losing total capacity.
    10-05-10 04:29 PM
    My 9550 was tanking in almost no time flat. It went from full charge to empty in less than two hours. I thought MeterBerry was the problem, but it wasn't.

I tried reinstalling the OS, with no luck. It was so frustrating I finally did a wipe with BBSAK and reinstalled from scratch. Now my battery life is as good or better than ever.

@Furballz: Nice PedoBear icon. I had the same problem, and tried all three of my batteries, with the same result.
    10-05-10 05:51 PM
    See other posts, something is amiss as my battery drained today and it usually goes for 2-3 days without a charge.
    10-05-10 06:57 PM
    I've found that sometimes my BB will just get in some weird mode where the battery drains like crazy. I do a battery pull or two and it sorts itself out. I don't know why or how it starts doing this, seems to be totally random.
    10-13-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD