I think I know the answer to this, and it's probably a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. I just installed Weatherbug and set it up to my liking. Works great. If I want the app to update on my home screen, when asked if I want to exit the app, I click "No", right? So that the program keeps running along with the core 5 apps that always run? I assume that's how weather (and news, etc.) apps run. I know I leave the Facebook app running but I don't see the icon in the menu bar hold, so I'm a little confused. Thanks for the help and please pardon my newbie ignorance!
    08-06-09 04:30 PM
    You are correct!
    08-06-09 05:04 PM
    In my opinion, you should say YES, when the app ask you if you want to close it. WHY??? Because you are still using the memory of your phone.
    I have Accuweather (Always with the update on the screen), but I close the app every time that I used it.
    The same with the News app that I have (WSJ, AP, Reuters and France Press. If I don't close them, I will be running out of memory.
    08-23-09 08:44 PM
    Weatherbug will still continue to update even if you close it. There is a common misconception that if an app doesn't show up in application switcher that it is not running in the background, but that is not always true.
    08-23-09 08:47 PM
    Shao,

You are almost at a milestone, 1,400 CB posts.

Also, I want to thank you for some of those almost 1,400 posts. You explained the speakerphone blast problem with the 8330 and with that knowledge, I was able to convince VZW to swap out my 8330 for the Tour even though I already had an exchange in my 30 day exchange period. Thanks man; big win for me.
    08-23-09 08:55 PM
    Shao,

You are almost at a milestone, 1,400 CB posts.

Also, I want to thank you for some of those almost 1,400 posts. You explained the speakerphone blast problem with the 8330 and with that knowledge, I was able to convince VZW to swap out my 8330 for the Tour even though I already had an exchange in my 30 day exchange period. Thanks man; big win for me.
    Thanks. Glad that all worked out for you

Looks like I just passed it, didn't even realize...
    08-23-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD