Finally came back to blackberries after after a iPhone and so far so good. Does anyone know if there is a way to stream online radio stations on blackberry? I'm trying to listen to noshoesradio.com and didn't know if there were any browsers or apps that would support this. It's not a huge deal, just something I would like.....

Thanks
    12-18-09 10:03 AM
    Slacker radio is reallyyy good. Also pandora is a good app
    12-18-09 10:10 AM
    I use both but neither one can play noshoesradio
    12-18-09 10:14 AM
    hmmm try iheartradio, not sure about the spelling.
    12-18-09 10:16 AM
    I do not think you can stream acutally stations on the internet most of them use flash and blackberry does not support flash.I use Slack radio always have on every phone I have owned iPhone,Android and Blackberry. But if I am not mistaken I believe iHeart Radio has stations like the radio and Pandora is your customizable stations you choose. Either way they all are great music apps that are free!
    12-18-09 10:16 AM
    I've wondered this, too. I had several radio stations from shoutcast saved on my Sidekick, & when I switched to my BB I found that (to my knowledge) I can't listen to stations via shoutcast anymore. I think I must be missing something. But, in the meantime, Slacker rocks!
    12-18-09 10:23 AM
    Try moodio for streaming live radio stations. I don't have a link, you have to set up your account via desktop. Then you can stream from your blackberry browser. Give it a shot and see if you can find the station you're looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 10:46 AM
    Oh...nobex radio companion might have the station you're looking for as well.

12-18-09 10:48 AM
    Orb also works - you can put in custom web radio stations, then access them via Orb on your BB.
    12-18-09 11:13 AM
    I got it though moodio! Thanks! it took a ton of work to be able to find the direct url, they hide it well but I finally got it.
    12-18-09 11:33 AM
    I've wondered this, too. I had several radio stations from shoutcast saved on my Sidekick, & when I switched to my BB I found that (to my knowledge) I can't listen to stations via shoutcast anymore. I think I must be missing something. But, in the meantime, Slacker rocks!

Use Flycast for shoutcast streams. Actually picking up Howard 101 from Sirius on it. Stream it all day at work. Quality is awesome.
    12-18-09 11:53 AM
    Use Flycast for shoutcast streams. Actually picking up Howard 101 from Sirius on it. Stream it all day at work. Quality is awesome.
    Thanks! I'll try this out after work.
    12-18-09 01:13 PM
    I got it though moodio! Thanks! it took a ton of work to be able to find the direct url, they hide it well but I finally got it.
    Great, glad I could help! I used moodio on my 8310 so I knew it would stream live stations but I hadn't actually tried it from my 9700. Nice to know it still works.

12-18-09 01:51 PM
    Finally came back to blackberries after after a iPhone and so far so good. Does anyone know if there is a way to stream online radio stations on blackberry? I'm trying to listen to noshoesradio.com and didn't know if there were any browsers or apps that would support this. It's not a huge deal, just something I would like.....

Thanks
    I have been running berrytunes for a couple of years but can't figure out how to obtain the url's for the channels. B'tunes and flycast came with a few channels each but I've searched in vain so far trying to expand my station list.

04-08-10 12:32 PM
    [QUOTE=Fltim;4961033]I have been running berrytunes for a couple of years but can't figure out how to obtain the url's for the channels. B'tunes and flycast came with a few channels each but I've searched in vain so far trying to expand my station list.
    Hi again all, still trying to find url addresses. I love us and uk comedies as well as old time radio shows and had between 35 & 40 station listings between btunes & flycast. Old western series and detective/mystery tales as well as sci-fi from the radio. Please if there is anyone out there who can give a nudge in the right direction to accomplish this contact me via pm if this is wrong to discuss in forum. Remember if you choose pm that I haven't yet gotten back to a level that will allow me to send or reply to pvt msgs. Thanks in advance.
    Fltim

04-21-10 01:24 PM
    That and "Jimmy Radio" too, for the best of both worlds.

Of course my fave YourMuze/Moodio use is for the Sports Radio stations in Boston, WEEI AM and WBZ-FM. Love being able to have these on the road with me when I travel.
    04-21-10 01:53 PM
    Orb also works - you can put in custom web radio stations, then access them via Orb on your BB.
    How do you get the station addresses or find new ones by genre?

04-27-10 04:38 PM
    yes, Berry Tunes can stream an online radio station (the Listen Live streams) you just need to input the URL for the stream into the app by clicking ADD STATION and it puts it in your Favorites. It works perfectly, plus the program comes with probably a hundred or so streaming stations already. It also plays podcasts and .mp3's.

BerryTunes 2.5 - MP3, Radio & Podcasts - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    05-01-10 07:43 PM
    thanks for you post. xD
    05-02-10 03:26 PM
    I've tried a lot of this apps,Pandora,SLacker,Iheartradio,MFscorm,Radiobee. They all work somewhat but Ive been looking for one that can add a URL stream. I found only WunderRadio works with the Radio station I want. Works great plus it looks better than BerryTUnes .

So,I say whatever works for you go for it! For me WunderRadio works ,looks good and is priced just right.
    05-02-10 08:35 PM
    I've been a long time Sirius Satellite subscriber, and was totally stoked when they finally came out with a BB app a few months ago. There's nothing good to listen to on So Cal radio....I'll give that Berry Tunes a try to see if I can stream KNAC.com.
    05-02-10 08:52 PM
    05-02-10 09:00 PM
    That and "Jimmy Radio" too, for the best of both worlds.

Of course my fave YourMuze/Moodio use is for the Sports Radio stations in Boston, WEEI AM and WBZ-FM. Love being able to have these on the road with me when I travel.
    My previous posts have apparently not been getting out. I hope this one does. PLEASE tell me how to find url info to add stations and if you guys know of a categorised list of streamed stations. I can't find anything like that using the web search engines.
    Thanx in advance. Tim

05-05-10 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD