Is there anything like the pandora for the 8830?
    Thanks as always for all the great info.
    BB
    04-03-08 12:08 PM
    I don't think Pandora is available on BB yet, but you might check with your provider on Radio apps. I know Sprint has Sprint Radio, which allows you to listen to Sat radio, or local stations from around the country. Not sure if VZW has the same.
    04-03-08 12:10 PM
    bump.

Anyone know if its possible to get Pandora on their BB?
    05-13-08 10:50 PM
    I know that VZW is lame and will not allow it.
    06-29-08 11:35 AM
    Check out moodio.com it let's you add any internet radio stream then down samples it to appropriate wap bandwith so you can stream on your habdheld. I have been using it on 4.5 and it works great. Sorry, if you aren't on 4.5 it won't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 03:55 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...ght=free+music

it is available for sprint and at&t BUT see my thread for another way to get it
    06-29-08 04:06 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...ght=free+music

it is available for sprint and at&t BUT see my thread for another way to get it
    There is nothing in your thread about where to get this. All you have is a link to pandora.com and that's it. If you hit that from the BBBrowser, it just barks with it not being supported. So, if this will install only on Sprint and AT&T BBs, then how about actually posting the OTA install link for it? Thanks.
    06-29-08 07:52 PM
    Check out moodio.com it let's you add any internet radio stream then down samples it to appropriate wap bandwith so you can stream on your habdheld. I have been using it on 4.5 and it works great. Sorry, if you aren't on 4.5 it won't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    moodio.com indicates a website that's for sale.
    06-29-08 07:58 PM
    sorry mate. The correct address is Moodio... streaming radio on your mobile phone!
    06-29-08 08:06 PM
    I haven't tried Moodio yet, but I do know that Slacker (Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations) is working with RIM to put their software (which is kind of a streaming/hybrid solution) on RIM devices and I like Slacker over Pandora 100%. Last I heard it would be sometime around the end of summer or early fall.
    06-30-08 09:49 AM
    I haven't tried Moodio yet, but I do know that Slacker (Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations) is working with RIM to put their software (which is kind of a streaming/hybrid solution) on RIM devices and I like Slacker over Pandora 100%. Last I heard it would be sometime around the end of summer or early fall.
    Can you point me to where you find the Blackberry software for Slacker?

*edit* sorry, I didn't read your post close enough. I now understand that the software is not released yet.
    Last edited by dgully; 06-30-08 at 11:53 AM.
    06-30-08 10:46 AM
    So they anounced this today at CTIA. Any updates?
    09-11-08 04:58 PM
    i use moodio, although i don't have a memory card and it will cut out after about 20 minutes or so.

i think when i pop a memory card in it should fix this but not certain, anybody know for sure?

i'd like to check out xm and the slacker app anounced this morning cause moodio only streams in 24k which does not have the best sound quality although it is certainly good enough to listen to when there's no other tunes on!
    09-11-08 05:05 PM
    So they anounced this today at CTIA. Any updates?
    Only thing I've seen is "in October" (http://www.appscout.com/2008/09/ctia...ils_blac.php); haven't seen an exact date yet. Official Slacker Forums • Index page might be a good place to keep an eye on for updates/exact release info. Bring on the "SlackBerry"!
    09-12-08 09:57 PM
    yes it is available now.... goto pandora's website and click on mobile on the top an then select blackberry. The application is supported on the bold, curve, 8310, 8320, 8330 and pearl so far... hope that helps
    03-18-09 09:21 AM
    yes it is available now.... goto pandora's website and click on mobile on the top an then select blackberry. The application is supported on the bold, curve, 8310, 8320, 8330 and pearl so far... hope that helps
    Pandora doesn't work on the 8830 yet. It will install but when you try to run it, it pops up an error telling you it's not compatible with your phone.

But, Slacker is and works fine on 4.5.0.127 for me.
    03-18-09 12:59 PM
    Pandora does not work with the 8830. Slacker is the way to go
    03-18-09 09:01 PM
    OR flycast
    03-18-09 10:22 PM
    I couldn't get pandora.com to download to my Sprint 8830 phone. So I went to appworld.blackberry.com to get the "blackberry app world" application. once that was installed i searched for Pandora. Pandora is free and works great!

I did have to upgrade my OS from an older version (think it was 4.2) to the newest 4.5.

Happy i did all that work... pandora is great! Good luck
    09-14-09 11:44 AM
    And it works flawlessly.
    -t
    09-20-09 12:19 PM
    i use Didiom....it streams my napster music from my computer over the internet....love it...
    09-20-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD