I have a 9700 so I know how to get everything working, but my friend is having drama...

9700 on standard Vodacom OS 5 release, with BIS activated and working.

Vodacom had the phone and cant help. They even called BB and tried to sort it out but that also failed....

I've done a battery pull. Done a soft reset. Un-installed BB App World and re-installed it. Changed the APN setting (and back again)

Basically, when you click on BB App World it opens fine. You can connect and browse goodies to download. You click on something, and asks if you wanna download...

(ok I might have the order wrong here, but dont think its relevant)

You click download and it comes up with the terms and conditions, you click accept. terms and conditions comes up for ANYTHING you try download.

It then asks for the username and password to access BB App World, it comes up saying authorising and then it just comes up with the your account screen.

Gives you the option to "change password" and "security question" and accept future emails from RIM or something. So you can click and do WHAT YOU WANT but it will not continue and actually DOWNLOAD the item.

I've tried everything I know... nothing works

any ideas??
    01-12-11 03:16 AM
    Have you tried reloading the software using apploader or BBSAK as a shortcut to apploader without digigng through folders on yours or your friends computer? That might fix the issue. Start fresh with a clean OS, don't restore the backup and see if app world works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 06:59 AM
    Do you actually have a BlackBerry ID? It sounds like there's no ID setup and you need to do that first.
    01-12-11 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD