for some odd reason, when i send messages from outlook (or anywhere) using a corporate address set up by google business solutions email app...my blackberry gets a copy of that email. i currently have 3 email addresses set up on my blackberry, two comcast and this google app address, and all of them are used on both my bb and outlook. BUT this google app address is the only one that gives me this issue of sending a copy to my bb no matter what.

as a workaround, i set up a filter in the blackberry internet service portal for my google app address to NOT forward emails to my BB with that particular email address in the "from" field. so basically, if i type an email FROM my google app address anywhere, it will not automatically forward a copy of that note to my bb. it's the only solution i could figure out - i have no idea why this email wants to send a copy to my bb.

strange, i know, but to me...the reason this is happening is on the google apps settings, somewhere. i looked within settings on the google portal but saw nothing that would make a difference.

think about it: why would emails sent from everywhere (outlook, web) only from THAT address translate into copies being sent to my bb? it doesn't matter if i send it from outlook, or from the google apps portal...it'll still send a copy to my bb, so that removes 1. outlook from the problem, as well as 2. my bb. the only thing left is, i guess, something with google.

anyway have any clue why this is occuring?
    10-29-10 01:33 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 01:48 AM
    That's how it works with gmail, two-way sync, I see no reason why a google apps email would work any different.

Let me guess... Does email you send from your BB also show as sent on the web and in Outlook?
    10-29-10 01:51 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanks. i figured it was different from the older threads because this didn't occur until verizon released the lastest update for the 9650. before the update this wasn't an issue for me. but, it looks like all the old info on here and on the web applies, as it is happening again. strange.

i think the problem is somehow this: when an email is created from anywhere using that google aps address, even from outlook, it creates a "sent email" of that email saved on the google servers. well, for some reason, i think that the server is fooling bb into accessing the sent folder - i guess there is a split second where the outgoing and sent copy are there at the same time and bb picks the sent copy up as a new inbox email.

hmm...so, i guess if i were to disable, somehow, google apps email from saving sent items, my problem would be solved without the BIS filter workaround. the BIS filter is ok, but with it you can't send an email to yourself from that address, if you need to. that happens sometimes.

time for sleep.
    10-29-10 01:55 AM
    That's how it works with gmail, two-way sync, I see no reason why a google apps email would work any different.

Let me guess... Does email you send from your BB also show as sent on the web and in Outlook?
    when sent from my bb, it shows in sent folder on the web, yes, but not in outlook.

odd that this didn't occur until the night i updated to the latest OS from verizon.
    10-29-10 02:04 AM
    10-29-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD