I know there is many threads, but some clarification would be helpful.

What are other apps like this and what are your opinions on them?

What are the official addresses of them so I don't get Some crappy, hacked version of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 01:53 PM
    Pattern Lock is similar and works well for me (I never could get StormSlider to work right on my 9550). It's in the CB app store.
    11-11-09 02:04 PM
    there is no other app like stormslider really. there is a free app like it but i dont remember what its called or where to find it.
    11-11-09 02:04 PM
    In a nutshell, you've two options...PatternLock and StormSlider...both are available in the Crackberry App Store and on Blackberry App World, there are free and "premium" versions of each. The paid (premium) version simply allows for more customization.
    11-11-09 02:06 PM
    Pattern Lock is similar and works well for me (I never could get StormSlider to work right on my 9550). It's in the CB app store.
    Patternlock, the full version, is on sale for $.99 right now in Crackberry App Store and it's much more unique than a copy of the iPhone lock slider. Mine didn't work well on the Storm 9550, went with Patternlock and it's much better, IMO.
    11-11-09 02:06 PM
    Patternlock, the full version, is on sale for $.99 right now in Crackberry App Store and it's much more unique than a copy of the iPhone lock slider. Mine didn't work well on the Storm 9550, went with Patternlock and it's much better, IMO.
    It's not really unique since PatternLock is a direct copy of the lock used on the G1.
    11-11-09 02:15 PM
    The developer of Stormslider is great he is constantly updating the app and adding functionality to it... I own both and only used pattern lock for a week it was ok but thats it..... stormslider is better!
    11-11-09 02:16 PM
    The developer of Stormslider is great he is constantly updating the app and adding functionality to it... I own both and only used pattern lock for a week it was ok but thats it..... stormslider is better!
    I would give the developer of StormSlider an A+ also. He/she offers great customer service.

11-11-09 02:24 PM
    For storm slider i purchased the premium version, and am having issues with my storm 2. If i do return it and get a replacement will I have to pay for the app again if i redownload it or can i some how transfer it to the new unit?
    11-11-09 02:27 PM
    Could someone post the URL? I'm having troubles finding it.

Last edited by Joel Storm 2; 11-11-09 at 02:41 PM.
    11-11-09 02:38 PM
    Could someone post the URL? I'm having troubles finding it.

From your actual web browser:

BlackBerry App World - PatternLock Lite

BlackBerry App World - StormSlider LITE

BlackBerry App World - PatternLock

BlackBerry App World - StormSlider Paid Edition
    11-11-09 02:45 PM
    StormSlider is actually called BerrySlider in the App Store.
    Last edited by LR7; 11-11-09 at 02:49 PM.
    11-11-09 02:46 PM
    No it isn't.
    11-11-09 02:47 PM
    i purchased the full version of Storm Slider and Swipe lock and i have since disabled both of them

i want an app that actually locks the screen from being pressed

am just using lock button now
    11-11-09 02:49 PM
    No it isn't.
    It was when I won it free on this website...
    11-11-09 02:49 PM
    That helps a lot!!!!!

11-11-09 02:53 PM
    I'll have to wait for it to get approved because there is not a download option. Or am I found it wrong?

11-11-09 03:17 PM
    For storm slider i purchased the premium version, and am having issues with my storm 2. If i do return it and get a replacement will I have to pay for the app again if i redownload it or can i some how transfer it to the new unit?
    If you should get another device, you can just transfer it to the new device using either the OTA or your 3rd party apps backup without paying again.

11-11-09 05:38 PM
    You are correct. DMG renamed the app to BerrySlider when he released versions for the Tour and Curve. The same was done with StormSlots.

11-11-09 05:44 PM
    I use Storm Slider. I got it when it was free and new on my Storm 1 and transferred it over to my Storm 2 when I got it. Its perfect and flawless. The native lock feature is always buggy for me even on the Storm 2
    11-11-09 06:26 PM
    I just installed BerrySlider (http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...storm2-349801/) & purchased here (BerrySlider (Slide to Unlock) - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store) yesterday on my Storm2 and its working flawlessly and info can be found in the first link above.

I would also say that DMG is a great developer and is constantly trying to improve his apps and give greaat customer service too.

If you are just looking for an app to lock the screen when you make a call you can also use StormLock (StormLock - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store) and this also works on the Storm2 as I have been using this since my Storm and also used it on my Storm2 until yesterday.

I have never used PaternLock (PatternLock - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store) but can be found here.

I hope this helps.
    11-11-09 09:22 PM
    I just installed BerrySlider (http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...storm2-349801/) & purchased here (BerrySlider (Slide to Unlock) - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store) yesterday on my Storm2 and its working flawlessly and info can be found in the first link above.

I would also say that DMG is a great developer and is constantly trying to improve his apps and give greaat customer service too.

If you are just looking for an app to lock the screen when you make a call you can also use StormLock (StormLock - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store) and this also works on the Storm2 as I have been using this since my Storm and also used it on my Storm2 until yesterday.

I have never used PaternLock (PatternLock - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store) but can be found here.

I hope this helps.
    Just downloaded it and it works fantaftic! Thanks for everyones help!!!!
    11-13-09 10:54 AM
    I downloaded StormSlider as well and used it once or twice and haven't since. I don't like it really since it doesn't lock the screen.
    11-19-09 03:56 AM
    I purchased stormslider two times. Once for the storm 1 and again for the storm 2. I love the app. I just purchased "lockit" at 50% off. $2.99. This app locks the phone just as if you were to press the lock button. The screen does not click when the phone is locked. I like this feature. You can set the time you want it to wait before locking and what screen not to lock the phone on. The only problem i am having is that it is locking when i watch a video. I spoke to the developer and they said that there will be a fix for this problem shortly. Overall i like this app. Simple but gets the jub done. I got the app from the crackberry store. Just search lockit. It is 50% off until the end of the year.
    11-19-09 02:57 PM
    I downloaded the Stormslider app. For any of you that have it is it really slow switching from landscape to portrait.. sometimes it takes like 10 secs to change..... its kinda annoying.. any one know of something thatll help it from not going to landscape mode and stay on portrait?
    11-19-09 03:40 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD