Hey guys,

ive tried them, both 4.2 and the latest beta and its a really weird browser for the Storm2.

the suretype doesnt seem to work (no predictive text), and also the click of the screen is kinda pointless as it goes to a link just by simply touching (iPhone style)

is it supposed to be like this, i feel this browser is taking away alot of funtionality from my Storm2.
    10-29-09 09:34 PM
    Hey guys,

ive tried them, both 4.2 and the latest beta and its a really weird browser for the Storm2.

the suretype doesnt seem to work (no predictive text), and also the click of the screen is kinda pointless as it goes to a link just by simply touching (iPhone style)

is it supposed to be like this, i feel this browser is taking away alot of funtionality from my Storm2.
    Yes, that's the way it's supposed to work. Opera Mini is a touch software. I like it because it gives us the best of both worlds, touch from it's browser or suretype from the bb browser.
    10-30-09 12:22 AM
    It is like that because Opera ports there code across multiple platforms and they are trying to keep uniformity.
    10-30-09 12:24 AM
    I tried it and didn't really like it. You have to keep using the blackberry key to get the virtual keyboard to come and go, so it's not as intuitive as the native browser. Is there some sort of other trick to opera mini?
    10-30-09 09:29 AM
    I tried it and didn't really like it. You have to keep using the blackberry key to get the virtual keyboard to come and go, so it's not as intuitive as the native browser. Is there some sort of other trick to opera mini?
    I have my left convenience key set to bring my keyboard up and down. Makes life a lot easier as I kept bumping the key and setting off the voice dialing. I control that through my headset, I don't need it on a button too.
    10-30-09 09:32 AM

Actually if u go to opera & go to settings and uncheck the box that says "auto-adress input" or something like that..you'll be able to select any "typing field" on the page and it'll open up a screen that u can type in as if u were writing an email or something. Try it out this way. Makes things alot easier when dealing with opera.
    10-30-09 09:43 AM
    I've been using the 5.0 Beta for Opera Mini and what I cannot stand is trying to delete just one lousy character and the entire field erases instead. Any work-around that?
    10-30-09 09:50 AM
    I've been using the 5.0 Beta for Opera Mini and what I cannot stand is trying to delete just one lousy character and the entire field erases instead. Any work-around that?
    That happened on my S1.
    I just thought it was part of the problems I was having with it.
    10-30-09 06:00 PM
    Ya the deleting thing sucks, but the browser is lightning fast!
    10-30-09 06:44 PM
    Ya the deleting thing sucks, but the browser is lightning fast!
    Wish I could get opera mini 5 to intall on my S2
    10-30-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD