Howdy folks. I've had my Storm2 for about 2 months now (Verizon) and recently noticed my home menu was a bit astray. I discovered it was because Blackberry App World has randomly disappeared. I went into the application center and it is listed as "Not Installed." Yet I had used it many times and downloaded several apps from BAP since I bought the phone.

I've tried re-installing it from the Application Center but when I restart the phone (with a battery pull or soft reset), App World is nowhere to be found, and again the Application Center lists it as "Not Installed." When I install the software, I can use it and it remains installed until the phone restarts. Any ideas?

Many thanks
    01-04-10 11:14 AM
    there are several other posts with the same issue..start searching to find them and you might get some answers
    01-04-10 11:17 AM
    My apologies. Sounds like it's related to deleting an archived app, which then deletes the whole store. How odd. I deleted UberTwitter through the appstore the other day, but it remained archived in my Downloads folder. Then I deleted that this morning, which would coincide with the problems with AppWorld.

I have searched for a workaround or solution, but many explain why the problem occurs but not how to get appworld to stick around. Apologies for being a nuisance, but could you perhaps point me in the right direction in getting AppWorld to reinstall and stick around? I keep reinstalling and it keeps disappearing whenever I have to battery pull.
    Last edited by 2xJ; 01-04-10 at 06:40 PM.
    01-04-10 06:37 PM
    i dont know, i never use the POS....hopefully someone figures it out but i dont think there is a real solution. Thats the reason i see so many threads on it
    01-04-10 07:22 PM
    i dont know, i never use the POS....hopefully someone figures it out but i dont think there is a real solution. Thats the reason i see so many threads on it
    It is simple, delete the app, then go into app world and delete the archive.
    01-04-10 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD