I can't get bolt to cooperate. It won't let me type. I type letters and it shows numbers.
    Same here. And the option to turn off inline editing makes text entry crappy.
    Last edited by mbs; 10-31-09 at 07:27 PM.
    10-31-09 07:15 PM
    never knew about bolt..thanks for the tip.
    10-31-09 07:47 PM
    My Bolt on wifi is super fast. Navigating on the screen is very tough, because it's touch sensitive. Even before I click it takes me to wherever I first touched the screen. Really annoying if you bump the screen. The Back button doesn't work for me either. I have similar results with Opera 4 & 5 but not as fast as Bolt. So I use Bolt if I want to quickly check a device and BB Browser if I nee a lot of navigation.
    11-08-09 04:49 PM
    I think opera beta 5 kicks a$$. To delete a speed dial, you hold your finger over it for a second, let go and choose the option to clear it. Since i learned that, I am in love with this thing.
    11-08-09 05:16 PM
    I'm using Opera Mini 4.2 browser and its lightning fast on my Storm2. Loads the full Crackberry site (and other sites) with ease.

I tired Opera Mini 5 beta but I was having too many issues with it. It looks good though and I can't wait till that goes out of beta.

So I recommend Opera 4.2 due to its speed and using the BB browser for things like youtube (there's no HQ video in Opera browser).
    11-08-09 05:23 PM
    just loaded opera mini 5 and it works great so far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 05:44 PM
    I tried opera 4, 5 beta, and bolt. I like the ease and Simplicity of the BB browser.

11-08-09 08:12 PM
    I want a browser that is like the BB browser, but faster. I don't like opera 5 because of the text input. I don't like the fact you only touch the screen to select something. I prefer having to actually click the screen to make a selection

11-08-09 08:22 PM
    Opera is best for me.
    11-08-09 09:14 PM
    Opera 5 is definitely the fastest, but I still prefer the default BB browser for most sites.

11-08-09 09:36 PM
    Opera 5 is best
    12-01-09 10:18 PM
    where can one download Opera 5 or Bolt? I tried google but it doesn't come up..

-edit-

got it. thanks anyways.

for anyone else that is interested in Opera go to m.opera.com/next
    Last edited by mysterl33; 12-01-09 at 10:52 PM.
    12-01-09 10:46 PM
    got it on my Storm2, Opera 5 beta on wifi is really fast, on 3G is also fast. much better than the BB browser.
    12-01-09 11:11 PM
    Opera 4.2 > bolt> opera 5 > bb browser
    12-02-09 01:33 AM
    I'm using Opera Mini 4.2 browser and its lightning fast on my Storm2. Loads the full Crackberry site (and other sites) with ease.

I tired Opera Mini 5 beta but I was having too many issues with it. It looks good though and I can't wait till that goes out of beta.

So I recommend Opera 4.2 due to its speed and using the BB browser for things like youtube (there's no HQ video in Opera browser).
    Opera 5 is pretty quick, but the "beta" doesn't allow you to use "socket" as your protocol yet, just "http", I noticed it was much faster with the 4.2 version using the "socket" protocol. I'm sure (hopeful) they will allow both when it's out of "beta". As far as which ones better, I think they are both very fast in their own way, I prefer Opera 5 though over Bolt, but have both installed and use both for different things.
    12-02-09 06:31 AM
    ok how do i get opera beta 2 to be my default browser and not the original bb browser?i got a storm 2 9550 running 5.0.320 if that helps any.?thanks in advance
    12-02-09 03:10 PM
    ok how do i get opera beta 2 to be my default browser and not the original bb browser?i got a storm 2 9550 running 5.0.320 if that helps any.?thanks in advance
    I would also like to know if there's a way to get opera to be the default browser. I checked in the settings but I haven't found anything yet.

12-02-09 03:16 PM
    No way to set it as default browser.

I thought the first Beta was fast. Socket still doesn't work but they fixed the keyboard and I didn't think it was possible but they even made it faster. No keyboard lag and the larger buttons are nice.

Still touch only to select a link.

Beta 2 is now my Browser of Choice. Nice job.

12-02-09 04:29 PM
    Guys, I can't install Opera to my Storm2 9520. At Opera's official web site Storm2 is not listed as a supported device. When I try to install the version for Storm1 my Desktop Manager says that it's not compatible with my device.

How did you install it?

Thanks.

Vladimir.
    12-29-09 02:10 PM
    Guys, I can't install Opera to my Storm2 9520. At Opera's official web site Storm2 is not listed as a supported device. When I try to install the version for Storm1 my Desktop Manager says that it's not compatible with my device.

How did you install it?

Thanks.

Vladimir.
    on bb browser > go to: http://m.opera.com/next > says something like "device detected: blackberry - 95**" > "we haven't yet verified that your device is able to run opera mini 5 beta 2" > then it says "feel free to try anyway" > click on the link that states "download opera mini 5 beta 2 for blackberry (english (USA))
    12-29-09 02:57 PM
    So on the Storm2 which do you think is the better/faster browser to use?
    Opera mini beta 2 is extremely nice. The browser is killer fast and has a very nice layout but the only downfall is that it is all touch with no click. You will get Used to it though. +5 for opera. I tried bolt and did not like it. It has no click, and looks ugly. I would go with opera mini Beta 2!

12-30-09 05:00 PM
    they both have there advantages but i still use the native browser more. use opera every once in a while
    12-30-09 05:03 PM
    No way to set it as default browser.

I thought the first Beta was fast. Socket still doesn't work but they fixed the keyboard and I didn't think it was possible but they even made it faster. No keyboard lag and the larger buttons are nice.

Still touch only to select a link.

Beta 2 is now my Browser of Choice. Nice job.

Your right there isn't a permanent way to set as default, but a good way to have it always use your choice is when you have a link in email or other that you want to open in besides the bb browser, just change it to plain text and when you select your bb menu button you'll have the option to open with whatever other browser you have on the phone.
    12-31-09 07:08 AM
    Bolt renders more pages than Opera beta for me (secure sites requiring a password don't work on Opera for some reason), but it's slower by a long shot than Opera. The other thing that's bugging me is that Bolt all of a sudden stopped rendering the full version of weather.com (it renders the home page but not a page for a specific location, all I get is the top banner).
    01-27-10 04:25 PM
    FOr the Storm 2, Opera works fine for me and works better that bolt. Bolt doesnt work to well with touch screens!
    02-17-11 09:16 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD