Well, I'm from sunny Los Angeles California where anything below 70 degress F is 'cold' to us ... but I visited Park City and Deer Valley Utah over my high school winter break to go skiing with family and friends.

Not going to lie, I thought my S2 would malfunction somehow - screen failure becuase of the cold, the surepress 'locking' up, possible water damage from skiing, damage from me falling() etc etc.

BUT, my S2 held up really really well. No problems becuase of the cold (and it got to -12 at night with the phone in my jeans pocket and it was between 10 and -2 during the day when the phone was in my pocket all day straight.

And, being who I am, even though I haven't skied in 2 years and have a sustained knee injury, I decided to do some black diamonds on my first day and did fall a little bit. - No problems with the phone taking hits in my pocket AT ALL.

Overall, I am EXTREMELY happy with the build quality and overall hardware of the Storm2 (surepress included) - I just wish I could say the same about the software and OS! (sorry, I couldn't make the post all positive - we are talking about the S2 here.)
    01-05-11 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD