Go get it folks. Public release is out!

BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS

Update to Version 1.5.35
    - ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add a custom radar map for international locations)
    - Track your location via GPS/CELL location so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
    - Replace the default BerryWeather radar maps for any location with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
    - Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    - New Themes
    - Smoother animations on BlackBerry Storm
    - Improved battery and memory handling
    - Many many more bug fixes

Features:
    • NO SUBSCRIPTION!
    • Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    • 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    • 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    • Easily switch between 7 different views (Today, Today with Daily Forecast, Today with Hourly Forecast, Full Daily Forecast, Full Hourly Forecast, Compact Daily Forecast, Compact Hourly Forecast)
    • ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add a custom radar map for international locations)
    • Track your location via GPS/CELL location so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
    • Replace the default BerryWeather radar maps for any location with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
    • Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    • Weather advisory notifications, SUPPORT FOR CUSTOM LED COLORS VIA BERRYBUZZ
    • Customizable homescreen icon with fully customizable temperature and weather advisory badge
    • Support for different themes (Widgets, Simple and Simple Dark)
    • Customizable background wallpaper
    • Customizable font size
    • Smooth animations
    Minimum Requirements:
    • for BlackBerry Storm
      • BlackBerry OS 4.2.1
    • for All Devices
      • BlackBerry OS 4.2.1
    06-24-09 02:22 PM
    10 dollars? isnt weatherbug free? thanks.. ill just bend over and let you kick me as hard as possible..
    Thank you sir may I have another......
    06-24-09 02:39 PM
    i was actually beta testing this and it works great!
    06-24-09 02:40 PM
    $10 for a weather app?!?!!????!??
    06-24-09 02:43 PM
    This is nothing new, it has been $10 for a long time...and it's WORTH EVERY PENNY! WB is a memory and battery sucker and not nearly as refined. BerryWeather also has great support from the developer. It's a free market, if you don't think $10 is fair, don't buy it.
    06-24-09 02:45 PM
    man $10 aint nothin. i have bought and tried almost every weather app there is and berryweather is by far the best. sorry no offense DMG.
    06-24-09 02:50 PM
    Free trial people....find out if it's worth $10 for yourself! Duh.
    06-24-09 02:52 PM
    10 dollars? isnt weatherbug free? thanks.. ill just bend over and let you kick me as hard as possible..
    Thank you sir may I have another......
    No comparison, Weatherbug is nice and free but drains battery and no radar!!!

WEATHERBERRY is a great app and works well !! Very easy to use and easy to customize. no battery drain have been running for 4 hours and no issues

no kicking required

Worth $9.95
    06-24-09 03:12 PM
    dont forget ads on weatherbug. idk about the rest of you, i dont want ads on a phone i paid $200 for
    06-24-09 03:15 PM
    just get berrybuzz and berryweather together for 12 on mobihand and add the coupon "CLASSIC" and it will take 20% off and bring it down to 9$ for both
    06-24-09 04:01 PM
    You forgot to add Flick Scrolling
    (yes is does actually have it)

I have had this app for awhile and the new version rocks!
    All Storm apps should be this slick.

Rich

Go get it folks. Public release is out!

BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS

Update to Version 1.5.35
    - ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add a custom radar map for international locations)
    - Track your location via GPS/CELL location so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
    - Replace the default BerryWeather radar maps for any location with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
    - Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    - New Themes
    - Smoother animations on BlackBerry Storm
    - Improved battery and memory handling
    - Many many more bug fixes

Features:
    • NO SUBSCRIPTION!
    • Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    • 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    • 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    • Easily switch between 7 different views (Today, Today with Daily Forecast, Today with Hourly Forecast, Full Daily Forecast, Full Hourly Forecast, Compact Daily Forecast, Compact Hourly Forecast)
    • ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add a custom radar map for international locations)
    • Track your location via GPS/CELL location so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
    • Replace the default BerryWeather radar maps for any location with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
    • Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    • Weather advisory notifications, SUPPORT FOR CUSTOM LED COLORS VIA BERRYBUZZ
    • Customizable homescreen icon with fully customizable temperature and weather advisory badge
    • Support for different themes (Widgets, Simple and Simple Dark)
    • Customizable background wallpaper
    • Customizable font size
    • Smooth animations
    Minimum Requirements:
    • for BlackBerry Storm
      • BlackBerry OS 4.2.1
    • for All Devices
      • BlackBerry OS 4.2.1
    06-24-09 04:05 PM
    I love the new update. I noticed that there is an option for a custom radar map. Does anyone use a custom one that they find to be better than the default map?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 04:25 PM
    No comparison, Weatherbug is nice and free but drains battery and no radar!!!

WEATHERBERRY is a great app and works well !! Very easy to use and easy to customize. no battery drain have been running for 4 hours and no issues

no kicking required

Worth $9.95
    Um...weatherbug has radar that integrates with BB maps...it's a very good radar too (better than BerryWeather - though I wish it would integrate with google maps too).
    Last edited by gafly; 06-24-09 at 04:51 PM.
    06-24-09 04:34 PM
    what radar is being used in the video?
    06-24-09 05:02 PM
    FYI - download the trial from Mobihand, you'll get 15% off offer that's good for next 4 days, save you a little green. And BTW, once you try BerryWeather, everything else pales in comparison. With free trial, try it before you buy it - 3 day trial I believe, then if you do save the 15% - enjoy!
    Last edited by Bob61; 06-24-09 at 06:03 PM.
    06-24-09 05:59 PM
    what radar is being used in the video?
    You know, I'm not sure, but if you don't like it you can enter in your own custom radar link.
    06-24-09 06:00 PM
    Similar discussion in this previous thread.
    06-24-09 06:08 PM
    Well I am not spending another 10.00 for a Bellshare app that is not accurate for Canadian users.

I does not look like they even tried to fix it in the previous versions and
    this app is not worth taking a chance on.
    06-24-09 06:19 PM
    probably one of the best updates to a mainstream app that i've ever seen. good enough to make my buy it
    06-24-09 06:22 PM
    So I've noticed a few problems with this build.

The first being that if you set the location preference to Cellular locate only, the update fails. Always. Set it to GPS and it updates as it should.

The second is this doesn't seem as location specific as WB. Rarely, if ever, did I ever notice WB displaying inaccurate weather conditions. On my way home, BerryWeather showed thunderstorms. There were scattered thunderstorms pretty far south of me, but nothing in my general area.

Third, they still have some catching up to do in the radar department. WB's is much better.
    06-24-09 06:29 PM
    Well I am not spending another 10.00 for a Bellshare app that is not accurate for Canadian users.

I does not look like they even tried to fix it in the previous versions and
    this app is not worth taking a chance on.
    works fine for me
    06-24-09 06:30 PM
    You know, I'm not sure, but if you don't like it you can enter in your own custom radar link.

i cant for the life of me, figure it out...
    06-24-09 06:31 PM
    i cant for the life of me, figure it out...
    Pretty sure it's from weather.gov
    06-24-09 06:34 PM
    So I've noticed a few problems with this build.

The second is this doesn't seem as location specific as WB. Rarely, if ever, did I ever notice WB displaying inaccurate weather conditions. On my way home, BerryWeather showed thunderstorms. There were scattered thunderstorms pretty far south of me, but nothing in my general area.

Weatherbug (Accuweather) pulls information from more weather stations than any other service (I believe the number of stations is well over 8,000 in the US). This is why BW will be "a little off" from weatherbug.
    Last edited by gafly; 06-24-09 at 07:30 PM.
    06-24-09 06:36 PM
    Is it possible to upgrade? On my apps it takes me to the homescreen and from my phone it says update 1.013....
    06-24-09 06:43 PM
181 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD