I start my storm after a reboot and only start with about 23MB and nothing running. How can i increase this
    07-14-09 03:41 PM
    1. How many apps do you have?

2. Deleting apps will increase your app memory
    07-14-09 03:43 PM
    1. How many apps do you have?

2. Deleting apps will increase your app memory
    i have a good 15 apps or more
    07-14-09 03:46 PM
    Have you deleted things that you never use, like:

foreign languages (remove them through DM)
    vz navigator
    visual voice mail
    social networks (like google, facebook) that you don't use
    07-14-09 03:48 PM
    i have a good 15 apps or more

How many of those 15 apps start when you boot your storm?
    07-14-09 03:49 PM
    How many of those 15 apps start when you boot your storm?
    how can i tell which ones boot are those the ones that show up when i hold the bb button
    07-14-09 03:51 PM
    yes sir, you can go into each of those and close em out
    07-14-09 04:04 PM
    There are 5 apps that constantly run:

Phone, Browser, BB Messenger, Messages and Home.
    07-14-09 04:10 PM
    how can i tell which ones boot are those the ones that show up when i hold the bb button

First thing did you setup any app to refresh themselves when you start your storm? For example weather apps, facebook & viiago.
    07-14-09 04:18 PM
    i have like 30+ apps and boot with 46
    07-14-09 04:27 PM
    First thing did you setup any app to refresh themselves when you start your storm? For example weather apps, facebook & viiago.
    after i boot up i start weatherbug and that shows the temperature on my home screen but i have facebook so that i have to go into it and it refreshes itself
    07-14-09 04:39 PM
    07-14-09 04:51 PM
    seems like a little bit of a pain in the *** but ill prob try it later tonight
    07-14-09 05:07 PM
    honestly it wont help too much if you are booting so low. Post a list of the apps installed.

also what do you see when you do this.
    options>status>bb button>database sizes

what is the "total size"
    07-14-09 05:13 PM
    honestly it wont help too much if you are booting so low. Post a list of the apps installed.

also what do you see when you do this.
    options>status>bb button>database sizes

what is the "total size"
    amaze,aim,AP News,berrybuzz,facebook,google maps,level,pandora ,poynt
    superpages mobile,quickpull v2,weatherbug,youtube,bb app world

my total size for Database Sizes is 1407.9K
    07-14-09 05:19 PM
    i assume you have a ton of messages stored on the phone then also. I have a database size of about 200k right now and not many messages stored on there.

I assume some of those apps are pretty big in size 1 MB or more so and that will take up some room obviously. Runninng shink-a-os would free up 7-10 mbs maybe too
    07-14-09 05:41 PM
    i assume you have a ton of messages stored on the phone then also. I have a database size of about 200k right now and not many messages stored on there.

I assume some of those apps are pretty big in size 1 MB or more so and that will take up some room obviously. Runninng shink-a-os would free up 7-10 mbs maybe too
    now when i run shrink-a-os does that mean i have to reinstall my os or can i just take certain things off the os

also i was looking through my database size and i have one that says RMS Databases 8/1146.3K. what is this and why is it taking up so much room
    Last edited by ab0mbs; 07-14-09 at 05:47 PM.
    07-14-09 05:44 PM
    RMS database keeps data from apps you've installed that required a registration code to be entered, as well as scores for games that are on your phone. If you are always adding and deleting apps, it grows pretty big. It could also be corrupted, causing it to be larger than it should. You can clear it. The only ill effects (besides possibly losing some high score records) is that a few of your apps may require you to re-enter your registration code the next time they are launched...so make sure you know those codes. You clear it through DM. Here's a link to more details:
    Mobi�gas�mic: The Secret of the Blackberry Memory Bloat
    07-14-09 06:33 PM
    I cleared the RMS databases and I got like another MB of app space. So what else should I to get more free space or is that all I can do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 08:58 PM
    I cleared the RMS databases and I got like another MB of app space. So what else should I to get more free space or is that all I can do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just make sure any songs, pictures, wallpapers and video is stored on your SD/memory card.
    07-14-09 09:11 PM
    So just for the record, 4419.8K database size is... bad, right?
    I'm going to go back up and wipe and only restore contacts in a bit. See if that helps me.
    07-14-09 09:43 PM
    So just for the record, 4419.8K database size is... bad, right?
    I'm going to go back up and wipe and only restore contacts in a bit. See if that helps me.
    depends on what the large databases are...if you have a ton of messages that will be a big database
    07-14-09 09:47 PM
    thnx for the help guys. also is meterberry worth it cuz im thinking about getting it.
    07-14-09 10:15 PM
    its a nice app with some good functions
    07-14-09 10:20 PM
    The Blackberry's limitation of only using the onboard app memory is a security "feature" from the corporate/military days. This feature is embedded in the operating system. It means that corporate IT administrators can remotely wipe the device and be confident that all data and corporate applications have been removed. I am not saying I agree with it, just stating why it is the way it is.

It's the same with the Bold. I have almost 1 gig free on the device, and nearly 16 gigs free on my sd card, but have like 30 mb app memory remaining which goes pretty quickly through the day.

No wonder they say Apple's apps and iphones are taking off... they aren't limited by such archaic infrastructures.

The day Blackberry went mass-mainstream was the day they should remove this damn limitation on the app memory.
    07-28-09 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD