Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
02-25-09 10:28 PM
38 12
tools
    OK, I'm hoping someone can help me out, I don't have much to go on as far as what I'm doing wrong.

I installed this last night. I had to delete and reinstall to get it to work, but last night it appeared to be working fine. I didn't do anything since then except put the Storm in it's charging pod overnight and take it out this morning when I went to work.

Today, doesn't seem to be working, I have the same background all day.

My settings:

Under Advanced Options - Applications - myWallpaper - Edit Permissions/Default permissions:

Everything(Connections, Interactions, User Data) on Allow

Within the App, my folder is: file:///store/home/user/pictures/backgrounds

Enable Visual Arts is checked
    Random pictures is not checked

I have Timer set up to change every 30 minutes
    Enable Digital Picture Frame is not checked
    Battery Limit is 25% (batt is almost fully charged)

My pictures are stored in
    /Device Memory/home/user/pictures/backgrounds/

Can anyone shed any light on what I might be doing wrong?

edited to add, the only other thing I did was change the Sound profiles to Vibrate this morning...not like that should matter.
    Last edited by Jetson; 01-12-09 at 12:09 PM.
    01-12-09 11:41 AM
    do you have v1..1 or v1.1.2?

make sure you have 1.1.2.

In v1.1.1 if the Home Screen is not active then it will not change the picture.

what you can try is goto the Timer screen and set the timer to 10 seconds and the goto the HomeScreen and wait to see if it changes.
    01-12-09 01:33 PM
    I have version 1.1.2.

Interesting...I changed to 10 seconds, and the pictures changes.

Sounds like I was having the issue you described as the v1.1.1 issue? Does the home screen not being active count as part of the time slice? Or if the backlight goes off?
    Last edited by Jetson; 01-12-09 at 02:03 PM.
    01-12-09 01:44 PM
    1.2 has been released.

- fixed the bug when the LCD is turned off and the wallpaper not changed

- minor fixes to the Daily timer
    01-24-09 01:20 PM
    Question for Smiley or anyone else.

I have had this app installed for about a month, everything is still working well; however, today I added another background to the folder I have all my other backgrounds installed in. The problem is, VisualArts doesn't seem to recognize the new file and put this new background file in the rotation. I tried a battery pull, which didn't help.
    02-18-09 03:54 PM
    Question for Smiley or anyone else.

I have had this app installed for about a month, everything is still working well; however, today I added another background to the folder I have all my other backgrounds installed in. The problem is, VisualArts doesn't seem to recognize the new file and put this new background file in the rotation. I tried a battery pull, which didn't help.
    the problem is VA caches the pictures for the folder.
    to fix this just re-select the folder. This will refresh the list.
    by keeping the cache this avoids rescanning the folder each time a picture is changed.
    02-18-09 05:38 PM
    Smiley-

Thanks for your response, I re-selected the folder and it works perfectly now.
    02-18-09 06:29 PM
    What is the "Enable daily Timer" under Daily Timer Setup option for? What does it do specifically?
    02-22-09 12:42 PM
    What is the "Enable daily Timer" under Daily Timer Setup option for? What does it do specifically?
    If this is checked VA will change the wallpaper everyday at this specific time.

if you use this feature do not use the Timer setting because that will change the wallpaper too.
    02-22-09 02:09 PM
    I downloaded the program and have been using it for about a day now. It's a fantastic idea and works ok, however it is VERY sluggish in responding to commands especially when selecting a folder with pics in it.

Granted I have quite a few photos in the selected folder, but will sit there for several minutes after selecting the folder before anything happens.

I may keep it, I may not...I'll have to see how annoying the wait time is whenever I decide to make changes.
    02-25-09 08:33 PM
    my i test or is it done
    02-25-09 08:45 PM
    I downloaded the program and have been using it for about a day now. It's a fantastic idea and works ok, however it is VERY sluggish in responding to commands especially when selecting a folder with pics in it.

Granted I have quite a few photos in the selected folder, but will sit there for several minutes after selecting the folder before anything happens.

I may keep it, I may not...I'll have to see how annoying the wait time is whenever I decide to make changes.
    that is probably caused by the thumbnail. goto the Prefs and disable thumbnail.
    my i test or is it done
    it's done awhile already. thx
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD