02-25-09 11:28 PM
38 12
tools
    Dec 3, 2008

Version 1.0 has been released.

Visual Arts will automatically change the wall paper on the Home Screen randomly from a picture folder.

You can assign a timer interval to change the picture from 5 seconds to 6 hours.

Optionally you can tell Visual Arts to change the wall paper whenever you turn on the Storm. You can also set pictures for Low and Good battery conditions. This is a good way to tell if the battery is low.

Download site Toysoft Development, Inc. - Blackberry, visual arts, storm, Palm Security, blackberry, Treo, bold, profiler
    Last edited by Smiley88; 12-03-08 at 01:55 PM.
    11-28-08 03:02 PM
    ill give it a try sending you a email now
    11-28-08 08:11 PM
    Sure why not!
    11-28-08 09:55 PM
    Sure Ill try it
    11-29-08 03:24 PM
    here is the first beta release.

OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/VisualArts.jad

1 make sure you select the picture folder first
    2 assign the event
    3 or timer

let me know if you have any problems.
    12-01-08 12:12 PM
    Can't wait to try this! Thanks!
    12-01-08 12:27 PM
    I really like this app. Perfect for ADD folks who can't stick with one wallpaper! A great addition to any storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 07:09 PM
    very neat app
    12-01-08 07:42 PM
    Through day 2, and I'm still really liking the application. I did have a few questions though.

1) Is there any way to confirm that the application has accepted my changes?
    2) Does this program need to run in the background? Do I need to start it up after each battery pull?
    3) What is going to be your pricing plan for this app? I've noticed the app trial expires soon.

Haven't had a chance to play around with the "Event" functions, but in all honesty, I don't see much of a need for them. My real enjoyment out of the application is just having a different background every x-number of minutes.

Very simple to use, and seems pretty stable after a day or two.
    12-02-08 06:41 AM
    Through day 2, and I'm still really liking the application. I did have a few questions though.

1) Is there any way to confirm that the application has accepted my changes?
    2) Does this program need to run in the background? Do I need to start it up after each battery pull?
    3) What is going to be your pricing plan for this app? I've noticed the app trial expires soon.

Haven't had a chance to play around with the "Event" functions, but in all honesty, I don't see much of a need for them. My real enjoyment out of the application is just having a different background every x-number of minutes.

Very simple to use, and seems pretty stable after a day or two.
    if the screen does not prompt you for changes then all changes are accepted when you close the screen.

after a soft reset VA will re-enable itself. no need to run VA. you can test this out by setting the timer to 1 min and the background will change after the reset. the released version you can have finer times like 5secs, 10 seconds

VA will be released this week or next week and will be around $5
    12-02-08 11:12 AM
    I've noticed, at times, that the wallpaper gets set off-center. There's no specific cases when this occurs, it just happens at random times.

If it helps, I'm using the new .75 OS, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Still running stable though, other than the off-center problem.
    12-03-08 06:46 AM
    I've noticed, at times, that the wallpaper gets set off-center. There's no specific cases when this occurs, it just happens at random times.

If it helps, I'm using the new .75 OS, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Still running stable though, other than the off-center problem.
    i've heard of this and there isn't anything VA can do because the BB OS does all the drawing when it updates the background.

a new version will be available shortly.
    12-03-08 11:41 AM
    ok. here is the latest 1.1 beta

Changes
    ---------

-Added Digital Picture Frame in the Timer setup screen. You must check the Digital Picture Frame checkbox and then select the battery limit. If the battery goes below the limit then Digital Picture Frame will be disabled until the battery is above the limit.

You can select When Charging as the limit. Picture Frame will only be enabled when charging.

-minor changes when pictures are changing when LCD is off

can somebody please test the charging for Digital Picture and see if this works?

also if you enable digital picture frame i would recommend yo to lock the Storm since this will give you full screen and better looking (the buttons are hidden on the homescreen)
    12-06-08 02:08 PM
    here is the latest version 1.1 beta

1 download OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/VisualArts.jad

2 after install run VA and select the picture folder again because there was an bug in v1 that picks up the root folder

3 goto the Timer screen turn on Digital Picture Frame if you
    want to cycle all the pictures forever. note that when this feature is on the BB will never turn off. you will have to go back to VA and turn off digital picture frame
    12-10-08 02:08 PM
    Can you tell us what we're to be looking for when the phone is in "Digital Picture" frame? Is everything supposed to vanish off of the screen?

From what I can tell, when I'm charging the phone, the background only changes when I have the timer set to a certain amount of time. When I unplug the phone, the picture doesn't move either. Doesn't appear to really turn into a "digital picture frame." The regular changing still works though. Seems to be quicker now too!
    12-10-08 07:26 PM
    Can you tell us what we're to be looking for when the phone is in "Digital Picture" frame? Is everything supposed to vanish off of the screen?

From what I can tell, when I'm charging the phone, the background only changes when I have the timer set to a certain amount of time. When I unplug the phone, the picture doesn't move either. Doesn't appear to really turn into a "digital picture frame." The regular changing still works though. Seems to be quicker now too!
    the way i have it is set the timer to 5 seconds and then check digital picture frame. the wallpaper will continue to change until i disable digital picture frame.
    12-11-08 01:37 AM
    the way i have it is set the timer to 5 seconds and then check digital picture frame. the wallpaper will continue to change until i disable digital picture frame.
    I do that, but it continues to change the wallpaper even without that box checked. Is it supposed to LOOK different in some way? Or does it just continue to change the background. I guess I'm a bit confused on what the digital picture frame feature is supposed to do.
    12-11-08 06:24 AM
    I do that, but it continues to change the wallpaper even without that box checked. Is it supposed to LOOK different in some way? Or does it just continue to change the background. I guess I'm a bit confused on what the digital picture frame feature is supposed to do.
    digital picture frame is just like the Digital Frame you can buy from the store. It basically changes pictures and never turns off until you turn it off.

when you turn off digital picture frame in VA it will still change pictures but the system will turn off the LCD when it times out.
    12-11-08 12:41 PM
    Oh I get it now. So Digital Picture frame keeps the LCD lit.

Don't have the phone on me now, but I'll check later this afternoon.
    12-11-08 12:51 PM
    Well, I'm nearing the end of my trial, so I just wanted to comment that I really like this app and its functionality. It's perfect for what I want in a wallpaper switcher and appears to be bug-free. The business with only half of the picture seems to be a RIM issue, as it happens without VisualArts installed as well. The digital picture frame is a really nice feature as well, and I did finally figure out how to get it to work. Thank you for the chance to test this product out!
    12-19-08 08:52 AM
    here is a new beta version 1.1.1

after install make sure all the permissions are set to ALLOW

changes
    ---------

- added enable/disable checkbox to turn on and off visual arts.
    check Enabled to have VA change wallpaper

- added random checkbox. if you uncheck this then the pictures will be
    cycled and not randomly picked

- better performance with other apps. you should not notice much lag when
    using other apps
    12-29-08 01:11 PM
    Look forward to trying the new build. I'll report back later!
    12-29-08 01:15 PM
    I downloaded and installed the VA auto change wallpaper changer (Version 1.1.1) for my storm and the activation code provided in the confirmation email does not work. I get an "Invalid Code" error message when I try to register app after start up. I'm able to continue to use the wallpaper changer in trial mode but I like the app and want to get it registered.

I sent a email to tech support but haven't received a reply. Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any suggestions?

BTW - Two days after purchasing I received an email from the CB store notifying me that a new version of VA Auto Wallpaper Changer was available (version 1.1.2) and that I was eligible for a free upgrade. Unfortunately installing the newer version didn't solve my problem.
    01-09-09 02:47 PM
    I downloaded and installed the VA auto change wallpaper changer (Version 1.1.1) for my storm and the activation code provided in the confirmation email does not work. I get an "Invalid Code" error message when I try to register app after start up. I'm able to continue to use the wallpaper changer in trial mode but I like the app and want to get it registered.

I sent a email to tech support but haven't received a reply. Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any suggestions?

BTW - Two days after purchasing I received an email from the CB store notifying me that a new version of VA Auto Wallpaper Changer was available (version 1.1.2) and that I was eligible for a free upgrade. Unfortunately installing the newer version didn't solve my problem.
    are you still waiting for your code? if so send your PIN to support@toysoft.ca

you should upgrade to 1.1.2
    01-10-09 05:13 PM
    are you still waiting for your code? if so send your PIN to support@toysoft.ca

you should upgrade to 1.1.2
    I received a 5 digit "Activation Code" with my confirmation email from Crackberry Shops. That is the code that I have tried and been told is invalid. The email did not come from Toysoft.

My email to Toysoft support included my PIN, but I haven't received a reply.
    01-11-09 10:32 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD