When I 1st downloaded QuickPull it would work without problem.

Now when I try to run it I get uncaught exception java lang illegal argument exception.

I hit OK but the Storm will not reboot.

Can anyone help me with this?
    08-22-09 04:07 PM
    what OS are you on?

do you have all of the permissions enabled?

what version of quickpull do you have?
    08-22-09 04:09 PM
    First try a manual pull, then try again, if that don't work, try re installing Quickpull.
    08-22-09 04:10 PM
    I was originally running QP 2.1.1

When I reached a point in time where it would no longer run I deleted it and moved on to QP Pro, however it won't run either and I get the same error.

All permissions are set to ALLOW

I am running OS version 4.7.0.148
    08-23-09 06:43 AM
    I also tried a manual pull and that didn't change a thing.
    08-23-09 06:44 AM
    I had the same issue until I purchased Quick Pull Pro. I bought it yesterday when it was $1.49. It has worked like a charm since.
    08-23-09 06:47 AM
    Is "disable compatibilty mode" still checked?
    08-23-09 07:43 AM
    I've tried this program on both .148 and .151 and I get that exception every time. i gave up o nit and just went back to pulling my battery the old fashioned way.
    08-23-09 08:54 AM
    Is "disable compatibilty mode" still checked?
    Mine was on the free version and it still crapped out. Pro is a champ!
    08-23-09 09:30 AM
    I've had a similar problem. I installed the upgrade and that solved the uncaught exception java lang illegal argument exception problem. Since then, I noticed that if there is no more memory, QuickPull won't work. When ever this happens for me, I pull up the Application Switcher and close a few apps. This usually frees up enough memory for QuickPull to work correctly. As long as there is some free memory, QuickPull has always worked for me.
    08-23-09 06:41 PM
    Like someone else said - make sure you disable compatibility mode- this is done by going into Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications, then hit the blackberry and disable compatibility mode. It works now! yay
    08-23-09 07:52 PM
    no issues with quickpull working on my 9530, and i have had every version/update available, so it must be a settings issue, or it's not compatible with some other app you have loaded...
    08-23-09 08:30 PM
    I had the same problem just the other day. QP had been working fine then it started giving me an error. Permissions looked good, nothing changed. I went into the default permissions for QP, changed everything to allow, and that did the trick. I'm not sure if they were always that way, or something caused them to change, but take a look and see if that might be it.
    08-23-09 10:17 PM
    Quick launch and Meterberry both have reset options. If you have issues you can't work out with QP just try them cause I know everyboyd has one or both. Actually pulling the battery is soooo 2008.
    08-23-09 11:46 PM
    QP - goto options, advance options, applications, scroll to QP, press menu button for QP, disable Compatibility mode..restart the device after that...hope that works
    08-24-09 05:06 AM
    Has the reinstall fix your issue.
    08-24-09 05:51 AM
    QP - goto options, advance options, applications, scroll to QP, press menu button for QP, disable Compatibility mode..restart the device after that...hope that works
    This worked for me...i had an issue with the Storm in that, when I ran QuickPull, the keyboard would pop up and start depressing keys on screen. After a bit, it would die down and I could try to hit the "restart: yes' button. The trick above has QP working the way it should. Thanks!
    08-25-09 11:02 AM
    Is it possible that you have your Firewall enabled?
    I had this same issue....QuickPull was working fine, until I downloaded a 3rd party threaded SMS app. I enabled my Firewall (to avoid getting duplicate sms messages) and this interfered with QuickPull's operations.

Shut off your Firewall: Options | Security | Firewall | Disabled (and all the boxes unchecked).

Let me know if this helps....
    08-25-09 11:59 AM
    Is it possible that you have your Firewall enabled?
    I had this same issue....QuickPull was working fine, until I downloaded a 3rd party threaded SMS app. I enabled my Firewall (to avoid getting duplicate sms messages) and this interfered with QuickPull's operations.

Shut off your Firewall: Options | Security | Firewall | Disabled (and all the boxes unchecked).

Let me know if this helps....
    After everything else failed this WORKED!

Thanks so much.......
    08-25-09 08:41 PM
    After everything else failed this WORKED!

Thanks so much.......
    I'm glad I could help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 08:46 PM
    i have tried to uninstall/reinstall, the compatibility mode is not checked, however the firewall i cannot disable, it says enabled and has a lock on it. is this from recently activating enterprise?
    08-26-09 12:54 PM
    yes, your BES policy basically broke quickpull...
    08-26-09 01:08 PM
    That's a Bad BES, bad bad!
    08-26-09 01:10 PM
    i have access to it, can you tell me how to fix it?
    08-26-09 01:19 PM
    enable the firewall settings and disable the firewall, that fixed it before the BES was enabled, right?
    08-26-09 01:26 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD