Ok guys i have done a search and found not too much. I have Software version .151 installed in my 9530 and i have a reallllyyyyy annoying issue with pandora and slacker. After about an hour or so using either app, my phone decides to pop up with an error message talking about a memory problem or just sits there and and says buffering and u cant do anything with either app. is it a problem with the o.s. or is there a setting that got changed in the new software?
    08-20-09 08:42 PM
    Slacker has just some out with a new software just for the storm. Go to slacker.com to pick up the new version. Its not on the app world right now.
    08-20-09 08:47 PM
    That's because you are using 151

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 08:49 PM
    There are some compatibility issues with 151
    08-20-09 09:21 PM
    The radio with 151 does not like any streaming applications, or MMS for any length of time. Both the devs at Slacker and Pandora have stated this as well. In the RIM dev forum RIM has also acknowledged this stating it is fixed in the newest internal OS.

This is probably why the big red hasn't supported it.
    08-20-09 09:31 PM
    ALready got the new slacker, looks cooler lol works nicer but still has the same problem. Guess im gonna just have to wait for the next beta, which sucks cuz .151 has been so great!!!!!
    08-20-09 09:43 PM
    And its really weird though because i also installed .151 in a friends 9530 as well and his doesnt have the problem mine has had with the pandora and slacker apps. his will go on and on with no issues
    08-20-09 09:44 PM
    And its really weird though because i also installed .151 in a friends 9530 as well and his doesnt have the problem mine has had with the pandora and slacker apps. his will go on and on with no issues
    I didn't have issues til about 45 min into it. It would play for hours, but after 45 min or so if I'd skip songs or pause it would give me the memory error. BUT if I let it go with out doing anything it would just keep playing..

.148 is really good for me, the memory is a small issue, but other than it has been stable and overall good.

I wouldn't sweat it though, heard lots of good things with OS 5 and it should be coming out in the near future...
    08-20-09 10:37 PM
    Despite all the craze 151 is receiving, it's obviously not ready for prime-time. Honestly, I like Verizon's conservative stance to OS testing. I installed 151 a while back and love how zippy it was; but the radio issues I was having with not only Slacker and Pandora, but with MMS as well was not worth the hardly recognizable performance increase. So I UPGRADED to 148. When Verizon's Quality-Control department has declared that the "next" OS is ready, THEN they'll release it.

Honestly, beta OS's are just that, tests. If you aren't one of the brave souls who loves testing software and possibly encountering issues, then by all means use a beta. But if you are like the majority of us who bought the phone to do what it is being advertised to do then stick with the official (tried and true) version.

08-21-09 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD