Why is it that everytime I log into the app, it changes the notification settings on my facebook dot com? When I log out of the mobile app I have to log into the the website and change all the settings because what happens is somehow the mobile app changes the email settings and I don't want be notified. Is there a way or an option that stops the app from changing the settings?
    07-13-10 02:13 PM
    I don't use the "official" FB app anymore, so I'm working a bit from memory here...

I do know that in order for the FB app to get notifications, it works with your email box, monitoring it for emails that come in from Facebook. Is it possible that setting up the app simply enables this setting, even if you had previously disabled it via the web client? Is there a way to tell the app you don't want notifications?
    07-13-10 02:31 PM
    I don't use the "official" FB app anymore, so I'm working a bit from memory here...

I do know that in order for the FB app to get notifications, it works with your email box, monitoring it for emails that come in from Facebook. Is it possible that setting up the app simply enables this setting, even if you had previously disabled it via the web client? Is there a way to tell the app you don't want notifications?
    i have tried to change the settings so that you dont get email notifications, unfortunately you have to go in and change the setting everytime otherwise you will get notifications, the only way i forsee a work around is to go into you sounds profile and turn the facebook notifications to silent or none
    07-13-10 02:37 PM
    Not a solution to the problem, but this satisfied me:

I setup a filter in GMail (web client) to always mark messages from FB as read and archive them as they arrived. By doing this, I didn't have to view the email messages on my web client inbox, but they still came into my BB as FB notifications, which was fine with me. I never really tried to "disable" the notifications, because I still wanted to get them on the handheld, I just didn't want them consuming my email inbox.
    07-13-10 03:00 PM
    What about just setting up a new email address for Facebook and hiding it on your BB so you don't see it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD