I have the facebook app on my Blackberry Curve 8330. The pictures I select for my contacts in my address book and the pictures of my contacts on bb messenger are being swapped out for their facebook profile pictures. I don't like it, and I want it to stop, but I'm not sure exactly how to get it to stop short of taking the facebook app off of my bb. If I change the picture back to the one I selected facebook randomly takes over the pics again!

It's also adding the person's company under their name in my address book. If I erase that, it also comes back again.

I'm sure there is a simple solution for this, and I'm just overlooking it. I've googled the problem and gone through the forums here and can't seem to find any help.

Sorry if this is a silly question!
    Thanks in advance!
    11-02-09 02:08 PM
    I believe you can change this feature by going into the facebook app then into the options menu. It is under the Blackberry Contacts application.
    11-02-09 02:19 PM
    Go to Facebook app > Menu button > Options > Deselect "Blackberry Contacts application
    11-02-09 02:20 PM
    Go to Facebook app > Menu button > Options > Deselect "Blackberry Contacts application
    My 8330m is changing pictures to match facebook as well. I do not have the facebook app on my curve.
    11-02-09 02:32 PM
    Once you do as atam54 said, if you delete a picture/company, it won't come back. I had the same problem and hate having contacts with pictures...unfortunately, you will have to manually delete every picture and such and that reassign what you would like. By unselecting contact sync, it won't undo what it has already done, unless someone knows another way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 02:33 PM
    Thanks so much for the help! This has been driving me mad.
    11-02-09 03:36 PM
    thanks endoxc!
    11-02-09 04:11 PM
    Thanks also. I knew there was a way but couldn't remember the path.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 04:43 PM
    It appears that the ability to upload pictures taken from my Storm are no longer uploadable to Facebook?? The only choices now are Email, MMS or Blackberry Message...any help out there????
    11-05-09 10:31 AM
    I forgot to say that I have just uploaded to 5.0...not sure I like it!!
    11-05-09 10:32 AM
    It appears that the ability to upload pictures taken from my Storm are no longer uploadable to Facebook?? The only choices now are Email, MMS or Blackberry Message...any help out there????
    Check to see if you've been logged out of the Facebook app.
    11-05-09 01:06 PM
    thanks for asking and sharing the information...... i was wondering the same thing.
    11-05-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD