Is there a way to disable BB App World from looking for updates to itself and installed applications? I'm trying to save battery life and would like to do it manually, when I want.

Please advise and thanks!
    07-02-10 08:33 AM
    Make sure you properly close it, and it's not running in the background. To check, hold the alt key and hit escape. This brings up a list of running apps. App World should not be in there.
    07-02-10 09:38 AM
    It is not running in the background. When I open App World there is an asterisk in My World that shows updates to my installed apps. I think it's still checking somehow because if I don't have it running in the background, how can it know that there are updates when I first open the application?
    07-02-10 09:48 AM
    You should probably just delete AppWorld and reinstall it when you need it. It is a huge memory leaker.
    07-02-10 09:55 AM
    Just because the red asterisk has appeared doesn't mean you have to do the new download immediately, you can do it it at your convenience. Although it is a memory leaker, I consider it to be a minor issue.
    07-02-10 10:05 AM
    It's not memory that I'm having an issue with, it's battery life. Trying to nail down the culprit and BB App World may be it.
    07-02-10 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD