i'm looking for a stock market (where i can choose which index i'm interested in) application. i would then move the icon to where most people have their weather icon.

does anyone know of anything out there?
    thanks
    01-26-09 04:12 AM
    The most versatile app I have found was from etrade.com
    You will need to establish an etrade account however, you do not need to transfer any money into it. All you are doing is establishing an account with them do download the free stock market application for Blackberrys.
    You can easily create a list of stocks you wish to follow as well as different market indexes.
    01-26-09 04:30 AM
    Try this:
    Market Filters - Stock market analysis tools
    It works great and can be customized.
    01-26-09 05:27 AM
    I tried the market filters program but had problems with it freezing up. I also prefer the etrade interface to it as well. The graphics & overall appearance are more appealing in my humble opinion but both perform the same function.
    01-26-09 05:44 AM
    I've heard great things on the Etrade one so gonna try it out.
    01-26-09 08:23 AM
    Might convert from TheStreet Mobile.
    01-26-09 08:26 AM
    Might convert from TheStreet Mobile.
    Wow, I had no idea both of these even existed. I like how TheStreet use's push, going to give both a run. Thanks guys!
    01-26-09 03:55 PM
    etrade doesn t connect on my Bold donno why
    01-29-09 03:39 AM
    Market filters works flawlessly on my Bold. No problems whatsoever and it is not a memory hog if you close it when exiting.
    You can download directly if you go to Market Filters - Stock market analysis tools from your phone's browser.
    01-29-09 06:21 AM
    I just feel it's best to not check the stock market while I'm on-the-go... if you're a long-term investor like me, you don't want to start hovering over a graph and panic all day. The stock market will continue on this downtrend over the next 6 months, now is a time to place your existing cash assets into strong precious metals, and different savings accounts, but hold on any existing investments... consult your financial advisor.

If you're really worried, set up email notifications with your firm to alert you when a stock/fund/future crosses different levels.
    01-29-09 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD