I upgraded from my 9700 because I had too little app memory and even rebooting every night still was not enough.
    I started noticing that even with the additional memory in my torch that I needed to reboot every couple of days so I went back to using battery pull each night. Seems that with the increased memory and will nightly reboots I should not have any problems.

Any thoughts? Are you using anything for automated restarts for your bb7 device?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-03-12 02:56 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

For my "unscheduled" restarts (which is all I do, whenever needed) I typically use ALT+SHIFT+DEL. Sometimes I use the function included in 2 premium apps I have, MeterBerry and QuickLaunch.

QuickLaunch also has a scheduled reboot function, along with hundreds of other things it can do. Unless I win the lottery, I consider the nest $5 I've ever spent.
    It does keyboard shortcuts, screenshots, flashlight, wallpaper shuffling, weather, and has shortcuts to toggle on/off many items which otherwise would be multiple steps through your BB's Options.
    06-03-12 03:06 PM
    Not near as often. Much better.
    06-03-12 03:25 PM
    The uptime right now on my torch is 6 days and counting. No lag or random freezes, and on 391 I have a rock solid -0.1 loss of memory since startup.

As far as a battery pull app, three finger salute when needed, which is once in a great while(nothing like it used to be on OS5 or OS6). No need to pay for an app that does a function I can do manually.
    06-03-12 06:08 PM
    Obviously I have had to re-boot my Blackberrys many times over the years but, maybe it's the small number of apps I run, I have rarely had a real problem with memory leaks.

Of course, it happens but over time, the OS has gotten slightly less leaky and maybe the apps have got better. The OS memory cleaner has helped too. I tend to rebooot my phone when it does odd things. It may slow down or drop a call or some other silly thing like that. Then, I'll give it the three-finger salute.

There is a loose schedule of reboots with OS upgrades and app installs and removals and this seems to be as sufficient with my 9810 as it was with the 9700 or Mrs. Pete6's 9780.
    06-04-12 02:39 AM
    Since my days of the 8330, I've used quickpull, it's free and still works good for my 9810.
    06-04-12 09:30 AM
    Since my days of the 8330, I've used quickpull, it's free and still works good for my 9810.
    We've all used QuickPull or similar. The OP's question was, is this porcedure still neccessary every night.

If you feel the need to do a nightly re-boot then, QuickPull is your tool.
    06-04-12 10:04 AM
    I rarely reboot it except when installing or uninstalling apps. I do have Memory Cleaner ON. It helps with the need to reboot due to memory issues. And in case I need to reboot, I use my 3 fingers (ALT + SHIFT +DEL).

OS7 has improved the memory issue.
    06-04-12 10:21 AM
    reboots are a lot LESS frequent...

just use the alt shift delete method...

never understood why they cant just allow the phone to use more of the 6gb internal memory for apps... is there some technical reason behind it?
    06-04-12 11:17 AM
    We've all used QuickPull or similar. The OP's question was, is this porcedure still neccessary every night.

If you feel the need to do a nightly re-boot then, QuickPull is your tool.

He was asking if anyone uses an app(edited: he asked for an automated means), I gave my 2 cents.

Off topic, the mobile site did not let me post so i clicked the link to buy tapatalk, it was listed as 599.99 on the crackberry store! it must be a super app!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by darknk; 06-05-12 at 06:45 AM.
    06-05-12 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD