I think it's odd that RIM never shows full screen pictures of your contacts when they call. I never really cared at first but now that Facebook syncs your contact list with your Facebook friends and adds photos and what not, I kinda wish there was an app that would allow for larger pictures to show up on screen.

Anyone else think that'd be nice to have?
    06-04-09 09:12 AM
    I think it's odd that RIM never shows full screen pictures of your contacts when they call. I never really cared at first but now that Facebook syncs your contact list with your Facebook friends and adds photos and what not, I kinda wish there was an app that would allow for larger pictures to show up on screen.

Anyone else think that'd be nice to have?
    Toysoft Development, Inc. - full screen picture id for blackberry
    06-04-09 10:48 AM
    So its settled. I'm ********.

Thanks for the link!
    06-04-09 12:27 PM
    hey there, im a new bb user. i have the curve8330. my daughter and friend's bb shows the fb pic when people call or they call them. i get nothing. what do i need to do?
    07-04-09 08:45 PM
    hey there, im a new bb user. i have the curve8330. my daughter and friend's bb shows the fb pic when people call or they call them. i get nothing. what do i need to do?
    you need to add the caller's picture to the Contacts app.

if you use our picID app then you need to create a new picID and then assign the caller picture
    07-04-09 08:48 PM
    How is it people still don't know about this app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 09:11 PM
    i see what you're saying, but they didnt have to do anything. they left the sprint place and it was working. someone different set my phone up. still not seeing how i will get the facebook pics.
    07-04-09 09:36 PM
    i see what you're saying, but they didnt have to do anything. they left the sprint place and it was working. someone different set my phone up. still not seeing how i will get the facebook pics.
    You need RIM's Facebook app. It will automatically sync your contacts with your facebook friends and then grab their profile pics for their contact pics.
    07-04-09 09:52 PM
    You need RIM's Facebook app. It will automatically sync your contacts with your facebook friends and then grab their profile pics for their contact pics.
    When you say automatically sync, what do you mean by that? I have tried to sync my contacts to facebook but I have to do it one by one manually. I have over 1000 contacts and really dont feel like taking that much time on it! HELP!!!
    07-05-09 01:24 AM
    This app is definitely NOT worth buying. Any alternatives out there?
    07-14-09 03:02 PM
    care to elaborate? This was actually the first app i paid for. I mean its a pain you have to manually add photos but it makes sense not to use low-res photos in the contact list. Plus the call block feature is the only one i've tried that actually works.
    07-14-09 03:10 PM
    it is worth buying, i love it. and there is no other app.
    07-14-09 03:48 PM
    When you say automatically sync, what do you mean by that? I have tried to sync my contacts to facebook but I have to do it one by one manually. I have over 1000 contacts and really dont feel like taking that much time on it! HELP!!!
    go into the facebook app on your phone. then go to options, make sure you check blackberry contacts application and the box underneath it which says update existing photos in your bb contacts list with facebook friend profile pics. Then you should be good, if this doesnt work then i dont know what to tell you.
    07-14-09 03:52 PM
    also curious.

I tried that app and it took a while to bring up the pic, and cut off some text at the bottom. There weren't all that many options for customizations, never really had a pro feel to it, so i went back to the quick default caller screen

just wondering if there are any other options for full screen caller id pics
    07-14-09 04:57 PM
    would like to see one simular to the iPhone caller ID
    07-14-09 05:04 PM
    it is worth buying, i love it. and there is no other app.
    would like to see one simular to the iPhone caller ID
    I agree. I wish it would just pull from the contact list. Not worth my time to reenter 200 contacts. What happens if my phone dies and I have to get a new one? Start over? No thanks.

iPhone's Caller ID is much prettier, but I guess that is to be expected.
    07-14-09 05:10 PM
    I agree. I wish it would just pull from the contact list. Not worth my time to reenter 200 contacts. What happens if my phone dies and I have to get a new one? Start over? No thanks.

iPhone's Caller ID is much prettier, but I guess that is to be expected.
    you can actually back up the contacts... i havent done it but i noticed its an option.
    07-15-09 10:44 AM
    you can actually back up the contacts... i havent done it but i noticed its an option.

Back up or pull from current contacts? A back up feature is good, but I don't want to have to enter them in the first place. I guess a big picture is not that important to me.
    07-15-09 11:02 AM
    I'd be happy if someone came out with something more on the lines of this:

07-15-09 11:05 AM
    I'd be happy if someone came out with something more on the lines of this:

EXACTLY!!!

that's what i'm looking for as well. Would be amazing.
    07-15-09 11:13 AM
    Pretty good app. Definitely works. May be a little cumbersome to set up, but with version 2, you have more options to help.

also curious.

I tried that app and it took a while to bring up the pic, and cut off some text at the bottom. There weren't all that many options for customizations, never really had a pro feel to it, so i went back to the quick default caller screen

just wondering if there are any other options for full screen caller id pics
    WOW, something was wrong with (1) your phone or (2) install of the app. The picture is to be certain size (just as with your wallpaer, the screen only shows so much). If there isn't enough customization, you need to define what type of customization you need. It currently has customizations for font, size, color, gradient background of text, set ringtones for indivdual callers, set defualt ringtones and setting defualt pictures.
    As far as setting up for every person in your contact list, you can set up generics as well as individual. I have over 300 contacts right now, but I sure in the heck don't have 500 pictures for all thos people. I probably have 75-90 pictures. Took me about an hour to do them all, set up the way I want. Then can back them up (export) your list to the SD card. Anything happens, simply import them back. Here is the generic I have set up for someone in my contact list which I don't have an individual picture for and the other is for anyome coming in that I don't have a contact entry for.
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 07-15-09 at 11:56 AM.
    07-15-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD